20

CHAPTER TWENTY

You'll be fine soon . . .

I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat on the veranda. It's Saturday in the afternoon and it's my first day of summer vacation!

Ah! I never had this right amount of sleep. Ngayon na lang ulit. I slept last night at 10pm and nagising ako kanina 1pm na. Well I guess it wasn't the right amount of sleep because I overslept. It's really satisifying though.

"Will you be home later?" I asked my brother before he got inside his car.

"Don't wait for me. Baka madaling araw na ulit ang uwi ko," he said, flashing me a warm smile before leaving.

Right. I forgot I have a busy brother.

Zild spent the whole day with me. Nandito lang kami sa bahay at kung ano-ano'ng ginawa. He even performed his so-called card magic trick in front of me and I was just laughing the whole time. He actually grabbed the chance to take pictures of us, capturing how stupid we both are.

Magaan kasama si Zild. He lightened up my mood all the time. And that's what made me realize something.

This will be a big decision to make, pero kailangan ko pa ring gawin dahil alam kong ito ang mas makakabuti para sa aming dalawa.

Inaya ko siyang kumain sa Aysha's for dinner at pumayag naman agad siya.

While we were in the middle of having a meal together, I finally broke the silence.

"I have something to say." I pressed my lips together.

He raised his eyebrows. "Ressler kissed you again?"

My eyes widened and we both laughed. "Baliw ka talaga. Hindi."

"So what do you wanna say, princess," he said in a calm voice.

I let out a small sigh. "You are really nice to me the whole time, and you really make me happy. You are really a great partner for me."

"But?" he interrupted, waiting for the next thing I'd say.

"But I still love Ressler. When I'm with you, I always think of him."

I avoided his eyes. I don't want to hurt him even more.

"I tried to learn how to love you, Zild. But I can't. I just really can't. It's just that, my heart belongs to someone else," I added. "You know I love Ressler since I was a kid, right?"

He nodded and flashed me his warmest smile. "We're more fitted as friends."

I agreed with what he just said, nodding my head.

"I guess this will be the last meal I'll be having with my girlfriend," he said, flashing me a half smile.

"I'm sorry."

* * *

I drove back to our house and nilapag ko sa coffee table 'yong car keys. I called Brooklyn and Marcus to sleep here tonight and they said they were coming. Napangiti ako. One call away talaga lagi si Brook and Marcus. I had friends when I was in elementary, high school and college, but not how I became friends with these two. They proved me that friendship can't be measured by how long you've known each other. You can be friends with someone for years, and they wouldn't be there when you need them. But you can be friends with someone for months, and they'd still be there when you need them.

"Brought you cookies and popcorn," Marcus said, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Brought you myself," Brook interrupted and hugged me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You broke up with Zild?" Marcus asked. I nodded, flashing them a half smile.

"It's for the best," I said, biting my lower lip.

They didn't comment. They just hugged me and they both said that everything's gonna be fine.

We spent the whole night watching The Originals until three in the morning. Actually, nakatulog na nga kami sa sofa. Nakatulog ako sa balikat ni Marcus habang nakayakap sa 'kin si Brooklyn. Buti na lang dumating si Kuya Kylo at ginising kami para lumipat na sa kuwarto ko.

Nauna nang umakyat sa taas sila Marcus at natigilan ako nang may mapansin ako.

Wait.

What the?

Hindi lang pala si Kuya Kylo ang dumating. He's with Ressler.

"Man, your smell sucks," my brother said as he laid Ressler on the sofa. "When will you stop drinking?" my brother added, shaking his head while going upstairs.

I pressed my lips together and nagdalawang isip talaga ako kung lalapitan ko ba siya or hindi, pero in the end, nilapitan ko siya at umupo ako sa sahig.

Hindi pa rin pala siya okay. Buong akala ko ay ayos na siya dahil busy na siya sa trabaho. Nawalan din kasi ako ng oras para sa kanya kaya minsan lang ako makarinig ng balita tungkol sa kanya.

I was just staring at him the whole time and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead.

"You'll be fine soon," I said before going upstairs to sleep.