one.

{disclaimer: this first chapter is probably the worst chapter in the book, because I have advanced in my writing. I have edited it as best as I could without changing the whole story.
I'd prefer you'd not comment on my spelling of  'minute' as I spell it 'minuet' for the WHOLE BOOK
Have fun and enjoy yourselves!}

I woke up to the sound of my phone making a little jingle, following a vibration. I leaned on my elbows to see who was texting me.

Mum:

Arizona, its time. We got the news from the doctors. Please come over soon.

I laid back down onto my bed slowly, letting my head sink down into my soft pillow.

It's time, I thought to myself.

I rose up slowly, and got out of my bed, and went into my bathroom. I looked at the creamy, white paint on the wall, my granite sink, the silver sink head, then the mirror. I was examining everything because I didn't know what to do.

My dad is dying. He has multiple types cancer, and only has half month to live. He's lived with cancer for the past three years and now he's really dying. In a matter of 15 days, he will die. 2 weeks. It's all going too fast. He was on medication for the past 3 years, going through chemo and radiation every week. The last visit to the doctor that I had went with him, we were informed that a surgery of some sort might help him, but it was a really risky chance. If something went wrong he could die or be in a coma for the rest of his life. He told us he didn't want to take the chance of dying in surgery or becoming a vegetable, so he decided to go off the meds and he will die a painless death, but he is only going to live for 2 more weeks.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at my dark, shiny, chocolate colored hair. Then my emerald green eyes. My dad always told me my eyes were beautiful. Some days they would have blue in them.

I'm Arizona Grey. I'm 21, taken by Aaron Ross in an amazing relationship, and my dad is dying.

I kept thinking and looking at myself. It's not fair. I can't loose my dad.

Then the tears came. I leaned against the cream colored wall and slid down to the floor. I was crying, and when I cry, it's either silent or loud, and I wasn't definitely being silent to say the least. Soon, Sadie had ran into my bathroom. She looked at me, my face had tears streaming down my cheeks, my eyes were red, all she could do when she saw me was stand there. Her eyes were crying now, but she kept calm. She walked over to me and got down on her knees.

She looked at me and said, "It's time..?"

I nodded, I couldn't say anything. Sadie just hugged me. She knew exactly what to do when I cried. Only she knew, because I only cried in front of her. And my dad.

She sat next to me and just hugged me. That's exactly what I needed.

"Arizona, you have to stay strong, you told me you didn't want to cry after you found out. So you can't cry anymore, I'm going to help you." She said, and I nodded in agreement. She helped me up and got me out of my bathroom. She sat me on the couch and hugged me.

"I promise, it will all be okay, Arizona. It's going to be hard, but I know you'll be strong enough." She assured me. I nodded and sighed. Sadie got up and went to make herself a bowl of cereal.

I went into my bedroom and got my iPhone and laptop. I clicked the home button on my iPhone and the screen said 9:36 a.m.

I sighed again and opened my laptop. I went straight to safari, checking tumblr, and twitter. There was nothing new on my tumblr dash, so I went to twitter. Dan Howell, my favorite Youtuber, had tweeted that he had posted a new video. I clicked the link and watched it. The 6 minuet long video made me feel better. I laughed a little, quick and quite little giggles, as I had used all my energy on crying. I just smiled as how much I loved this boy and his videos.

After I finished the video, I had calmed down and I was breathing nice. I decided to get some clothes on.

I went to my closet in my bedroom and picked out a black, floral shirt with skinny jeans and my vans. I put some charcoal colored eyeliner on, along with black mascara.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was 10:17 a.m. I went into the kitchen and made me a bowl of cereal. I sat at the bar on the side so I could watch tv. I flipped on the tv and watch some recorded shows that I had and ate my cereal.

//

It was 2:15 and me and Sadie got into my car and drove down to Starbucks. We had 15 minuets till we should head towards my parents. Sadie was going to come too because so knew my dad really well.

When we got to Starbucks, we ordered some tea. We sat down and got on our phones while we waited for our drinks.

After a couple minuets Sadie looked up from her phone and asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah, for now. I'm most likely gonna have another break down when Dad goes, okay? So you have to be ready." I sighed.

"I will, I know what to do."

After Sadie said that, one of the Starbucks workers yelled for us and we went and got our drinks and went to my car.

I drove in silence, and about 6 minuets of being in the car, my phone vibrated in the cup holder.

"Sadie check that for me." I said. She picked up my phone and said, "It's a twitter notification. @danisnotonfire retweeted your tweet." My eyes became wide. I didn't say anything, I just pulled over the car.

"What are you doing?" Sadie asked.

"Give me the phone Sadie." I told her and she did. I looked at the notification, he retweeted my tweet about how I found some weird lady in a funny costume when I searched up Dan Howell on Google.

"Holy fuck!" I yelled, jumping up and down, but not very well since I had my seatbelt on.

"Is this good? That's that Youtuber right?" She asked.

"Yeah! This is wonderful! It's like a Chirstmas Present! Why aren't you screaming with me?" I yelled. This just made my day a lot better.

"Ahhh." She fake yelled. That's as excited as she is going to get about this. I stopped jumping and groaned. I put my phone back into the cup holder and got back on the road.

"Why can't you be excited for me?" I sighed.

"Because I see you like this all the time!" She laughed.

"Whatever, I want music." I said as I turned on the radio. Me and Sadie sang along to the radio as we drove to my parent's house.

(hello internet! like I said, I absolutely hate the first chapter, but I can't re-write it, sorry. just bare with the story. it gets better.

- abigail)