twenty-five

I quietly walked out of the doctors office and into the waiting area.

"How'd everything go?" Dan asked me.

I sighed and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the office and not saying a word.

"Zona, are you okay?" He questioned and I looked at him as tears brimmed my eyes. He caught up to my pace and wrapped an arm around my waist.

I didn't know how to feel, about this, about Dan, about everything.

We walked home - to Dan's home - huddled together in silence. Once we hit the flat, I let go of him and stalked off to the bathroom, slamming and locking the door. I heard Dan's footsteps come to the door and knock, "Arizona..? Can you tell me what's going on?"

I sighed and looked into the mirror. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at my dark, shiny, chocolate colored hair, my emerald green eyes. I remember my dad always told me my eyes were beautiful.

My eyes filled with tears and within seconds, I was sobbing.

"Arizona? Please open the door!" Dan called, beating on the door. I slowly moved to the door and unlocked it and opened it. Dan looked at me as his eyebrows knitted together in confusion and he frowned. I cried out another sob as I wrapped my arms around his middle. He laced his long arms around me, kissing my head.

"I had a miscarriage.." I cried into his body, he sniffed. I let him go and sat on his bed,

I sighed again, "Tell me your side of story, I have nothing else to loose." I said quietly. Dan looked at my confused, but then his eyes widened, he too sat on the bed.

"You see, it was all a giant mistake. Sadie didn't know where Phil's room was and she came into here and I thought she was you. Then you left me and I fucking missed you so much. I waited my whole life for you and I lost you. Oh god, Arizona I love you so much, you have to trust me." His eyes were sincere and on the edge of crying.

We looked at each other and my eyes flicked to his lips, his did the same.

We crashed our lips together and my chest loosened. His hands cupped my face and mine found their way to his hair, entangling them in it. We parted and I sighed as I started smiling, "I believe you." Dan wrapped his arms around me and I smiled even bigger.

"I love you so fucking much." He mumbled into my shoulder.

"I love you too, Dan."

//

3 Weeks Later

"Babe, come cuddle me." Dan said, making grabby hands at me.

"You're basically a kid." I laughed, making my way to sit in his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I sat down and I pulled out my phone.

I groaned as I tried calling Sadie, again.

Dan looked at my funny and I held my finger to his mouth, to which he licked from the bottom up.

I put my hand over the phone, "You're totally gay, I swear." I laughed.

"Oh, I can prove you wrong." He laughed as he laid himself inbetween my legs and began sucking my neck. I hung up my phone and giggled. His hand cupped my breast, "Wait, wait. Dan, stop." I said as I pulled him from my neck.

"What?"

"Babe, I wanna give it a while, before we, yeah. I just wanna get us back to where we were." I sighed and Dan nodded.

"It's okay." He said moving behind me to cuddle me while he kissed my cheek. He clicked on the telly while I buried my face in his chest and fell asleep.

//

The noise of the phone vibrating on the coffee table woke me up groaning. Dan quickly reached out and grabbed it for me. I took it, looking at the lockscreen.

Sadie.

I quickly answered, "Sadie?"

"Hey.." She said hesitantly.

"Where are you? You have to come back. Phil's isn't the same because you just disappeared. I want you to come back." I scrambled out to say because I couldn't think to space this out.

"Arizona, I can't come back."

"Why not? Listen, it's-"

"I don't want to come back. Everything is messed up there and you were too stubborn to listen to me or Dan, but that's all in my past. I'm traveling the world, with some old friends from high school. I don't need this,"

"Sadie, please listen."

"I don't need you." She whispered and quickly hung up the phone. I scoffed, "What the actual fuck? She wouldn't even listen." I sighed curling back up to Dan.

"It's okay, maybe it's for the best that you heard from her though, Phil might feel better that she did call." Dan said and I nodded.

I got up, kissing Dan's cheek, and went to Phil's room, lightly knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" He said and I entered. He was sitting on his bed, typing away on his phone. He momentarily looked up at me, then back to his phone.

"Sadie called." I stated and he put his phone down and got up.

"Is she okay? What did she say? "Where is she?" He bombarded me with questions.

"She's absolutely fine, and she's traveling with some friends." I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"What'd she say?" He asked again and I looked to the floor.

"She's not coming back." I sighed as Phil put his head in his hands. I walked to the bed and sat down, wrapping my arms around him. The door creaked open and Dan walked in too doing the same thing to comfort our precious Phil.

(OH MUY GODH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH 4K ANG OMG LAST CHAPPU IM SORRT OHM Y GODG

-abby)