twenty-one: part one.

"I'm so fucking ready to get home." Dan said as he picked up the pace as we walked home, "Come on." He said as he pulled me by the hand. We finally made it to the building. Dan grabbed my waist and kissed me deeply as soon as we got under the roof that was outside.

Rain burst from the clouds and I sat my bag on a bench while we kept kissing, Dan was pawing at my sides, pulling me closer. He pulled away and smiled, pecking my lips once more. We tangled our hands together and went inside. Dan basically attacked my lips once more in the lift.

We got into the flat and Dan led me to the room.

"Fuck, Dan, I left my purse outside." I said, instantly remembering my favorite bag that Sadie had gotten me for my birthday.

"I can go get it." Dan said, looking at me with his beautiful eyes. I felt lost in them and I forgot to answer, "I'll get it. You stay here." I told him as I left the room. I retraced the way back down to the lobby. I saw Sadie walking through the doors, "Zona, if that bag on the bench is the 169 dollar bag I bought you for your birthday, I will kill you." She said as she saw me.

"Psh, no." I tried lying to her. Tried, as I'm bad at lying. Sadie could figure out exactly everything I lied about. Sadie's eyes narrowed at my face, "Go get the damn bag." She scoffed. I obeyed and quickly scurried out and grabbed the bag, mentally thanking past me for not placing the expensive bag in the rain.

Once I got back in, I hurried back up to the flat. Everything was quiet. Phil and Sadie were probably sucking each others faces. My mind went back to Dan and quietly kicked off my shoes and padded across the carpet to the bedroom. I could hear light sounds from outside the door.

I opened the door and crept inside the room, flicking the light on. Dan had someone up against the wall. Her face turned to me and I saw Sadie's face. Dan was kissing her neck, right where he always kissed me. It was a soft spot for me, I went weak in the knees when he did it.

Dan was with Sadie.

My mind flashed to Aaron, and what he did to me. Tears rolled down my eyes and I muffled a cry.

Sadie's face curled into confusion as she looked down to Dan. Her eyes became wide and she smacked Dan's chest. Dan stepped back and looked at me, then Sadie.

"Oh my god, Phoenix." Dan stepped towards me.

I backed up, "Don't." I picked up my bag and Sadie slipped out of the room.

I walked over to the dresser and got a suitcase off the floor. I scooped out some clothes and threw them in there, not even knowing if they were all mine or not.

Dan spun me around to look at him, "Arizona, what are you doing? Don't leave, it wasn't even like-"

"Get off of me," I said as I yanked my wrists from his grip, "What the fuck, did you think you could fuck Sadie while I got my bag, then me?"

"No, I-" I cut him off again.

"You're just like everyone else. You're disgusting." I said as I pushed him away and zipped the bag up.

"Please, Ari, don't go. You won't let me explain." He said.

"You don't need to explain." I said as I grabbed a purse my mom bought for me a year or two ago and poured my contents from one purse into the other. I threw the bag Sadie gifted to me onto the floor and I grabbed my suitcase and other purse and exited the room.

Dan followed me out and I saw Phil standing in his doorframe with a sad look on his face, Sadie standing behind him. Their hands were linked and I scoffed.

As I walked out of the flat Dan spoke, "Arizona," His voice cracked and I turned to him, tears running down his cheeks, "You're so stubborn, please listen."

"I'm done. With you, with this. We're done." I said as I slammed the door behind me, leaving Dan.

I didn't know what the plan was as I sat down on the soaked bench outside. I pulled out my phone and typed numbers into the keyboard. I put the phone up to my ear and listened to the ringing. The ringing finally stopped.

"Hello?" The old voice spoke.

"Hey Grams, it's Arizona." I said into the phone.

"Hi honey!" My grandma's voice said, "How are you, darling?"

"Not so great. I was wondering if you're home?" I asked.

"Of course I am. Where else is a old lady like myself going to go? Vegas?!" She chuckled and I giggled along with her, I loved my grandma. I wiped some tears from my eyes as I spoke, "Well, do you think I could come stay with you for a while?"

"Oh yes! My house is always open for my beautiful granddaughter." She told me.

"Thank you so much." I said as I got up and threw my purse around my shoulder and grabbed my suitcase's handle. I started onto the pavement towards the tube while continuing the coversation on the phone so I could get my mind of him.

(dudes. this book is like taking your heart then stepping on it and then putting it together again, then just ripping it into tiny pieces, i am so very sorry.

-abby)