Murphy--- Friends💓

After John Murphy had gone crazy, killed someone, tried to kill Bellamy when he came back, then came back again, you could say people stopped trusting him. And quickly.

They thought it was too much like the Ark to have him locked up 24/7 so they decided people who were brave would keep an eye on him and take turns.

So far its just you and some other guy who agreed to impress Clarke. You think his name was Fish or Finn.

But thus far he hasn't been seen on his patrol. Its only been you.

Why would you do it?

All you want is to be helpful.

You have helped find food, kill it, you've helped Clarke with patients, you've comforted the kids etc so you thought helping Murphy would be useful since no one else wants to.

Plus, he isn't that bad.

He's been nothing but nice to you, at least.

Maybe its because you're a girl but whatever.

As long as you're not being useless, you don't mind what anyone thinks or says.

You yawn tiredly, rubbing your eyes with a balled fist, tugging on the jacket Bellamy had given you after proving yourself worthy enough by saving Miller from a grounder by using your body as a shield. You did it without any hesitation that made something change in Bellamy's eyes whenever he looked at you, same with everyone else. Respect.

Sure the arrow to the thigh hurt like hell, but it would've been fatal to Miller if it hit him instead.

You stepped out through the flap of your cabin which Wells had built and nailed a piece of a tent as the door since hinges were non-existant here.

You were given your own cabin after the day you saved Miller as well, as a thank you.

Though you let people who really need it use it whenever, sometimes even Murphy.

The sun is harsh on your eyes and you use your hand as a shield while your eyes adjust.

You spot John across the clearing, staring at the forest, like he's expecting Grounders to leap out and attack any second, his eyes are so wide and scared.

"Hey." You smile as he shudders, startled at your voice. He turns to meet your eyes and his relax at the sight of your happy smile.

"The whole world is rotting with war and you still smile." He scoffs, continuing to his gaze.

"What're you doing up? Shouldn't you be sleeping." You stand next to him, staring at the spaces between the trees and he looks to you.

"You actually think when I go in that tin can that I sleep in there?"
You look over to the make-shift cell which Wells had put together with Sasha's help.
It doesn't look cozy.

"Well, you've slept in my cabin before."

"Weeks ago." He frowns and you look up, noticing the dark circles under his eyes which you've never noticed before.

"You're welcome anytime." He turns to look at you and nods.

Your fingers graze his slightly-

"(Y/n)," Bellamy approaches.

You turn to face him with a smile and John keeps his stare on the forest.

"You think Finn would mind working your shift today? I wanted to see you."
You look from Bellamy to Murphys ticking jaw and to Clarke in the back who is patting antiseptic onto a wound of Finns.