Murphy/Bellamy--- Comforting Campfire❤

"Elbows up, arms forward, grip moderate." Bellamy calls over the bullets which blast the tree's trunks repetitively.

You shoot as best as you can and manage to take five bullets to your tree.

"Alright, good job everyone. Take a quick break. Back in thirty." Bellamy shouts nonchalantly and turns to the three girls whom await his presence behind him.

You put your gun back in the bucket and sigh, sweat begins to gather at your temples.

"Hey, (Y/n), why not blast a few rounds on me tonight?" Murphy calls, attempting at a sexual joke which his friends laugh at and pat his back for.

"Sorry John, you'd be the last I'd call." You roll your eyes and continue to walk toward the food hut.

A fire blazes and slowly cooks the meats which hang sadly, draped over wood like the corners of a frowning face.

Quickly, you flip the hot meat, careful not to burn your fingers, and then wipe the grease onto your slacks.

"Hey, I can take over for you." Murphy's voice sadly penetrates your ears and you groan. "I'm a pro with hot meat." He winks, joining you at your side and attempts to flip the meat but burns himself.

"Shit." He hisses, pulling his finger to his mouth to stop the burning.

"A pro huh?" You sigh and continue to flip the meat.

"So, you gonna change your mind about tonight?" He stuffs his hands into his pockets and you scoff.

"Yeah right. I'm not dumb, you're an asshole." You furrow your brows.

"C'mon, (y/n), you know you want to." And like a snake his hands slithers from his pocket and touches your arm.

You wrench away and glare at him straight in the eye.

"I'm not just a body, John. Leave me alone." You frown and stomp out of the hot hut and hide behind a tree.

As the time passes, you miss your other shooting class, too caught up in your thoughts.
Thinking maybe you did something wrong, what would've happened if you complied- as your thoughts rambled, your tears dried, and the stars appeared, you'd decided to join some people who surround the camp fire.

Staring into the bright orange flame, your thoughts flood back like an unwanted tsunami of hate.

"Hey." A calm voice intrudes.

You look up to find Bellamy of all people, and three other empty logs. Everyone had gone to bed.

"Hi." You respond and continue to look to the fire while he sits next to you and does the same.

"You missed practice." He sighs.

"Sorry."

He takes a deep breath,

"I heard what Murphy said to you after practice." He turns to look at you but you continue to look at the fire.

"He's a dick. Nobody can deny that." He sighs again, and clasps his hands together.

"A lot say that about you." You frown and he smiles.

"Oh I know that. But unlike John, I have a heart. You should know when I kill, I feel something." He tells you and you nod.

"You're a good shot." He adds after you're quiet. "Could be better."

"Sorry." You say again.

"Come tomorrow... I'll make sure Murphy shuts his trap." He says and you look to him.

"This camp," he starts. "Is a safe place." He finishes and you smile with appreciation.

"Thank you." You say and he nods.

"See you tomorrow." He stands and walks away toward a tent.
Murphy's tent.

And the next day, and every day after that, John never said anything to you.
Only an apology.