Roan--- ♀Train Like a Woman💓

Hey! Unedited because Wattpad is being glitchy and is taking like 10 months to type one word out smh. So annoying.

"You've missed two training sessions, sir." You bow your head, entering the kings throne room, sword at your side ready to fight.

"I've been over swept with work and worrying... I shouldn't be training. I should be helping them save the world. More important, you." He sighs, pressing a finger to his temples, aggravated.

"Have a little fun once in a while." You roll your eyes and step up.

"You should take this more seriously, (Y/n). We might be dead in less than a month." He groans.

"What better reason then to enjoy the time together, right?" You lean against the chair in which he sits.

He exhales deeply, "I need to wait to hear from Clarke. No distractions."

"You need a distraction." You sigh, sadly, a frown replacing your usual smile.

"How do you know what I need?" He says with a coldness that almost gives you shivers.

"Are you testing my patience? What do you want?" He snaps again. Taken aback, you step forward, challenging him.

"Training session commences now. That's an order." Your eyes bore holes into his. Though his are alight with a fire you've never seen before.

"You don't give me orders, I am your king!" He stands abrubtly, never losing eye contact and never losing grip of his sword and neither do you.

"You may be king, but I am more powerful... I am a woman." You spit harshly and you nearly see a ghost of a smile quirk at the corner of his mouth, but he moves too fast you couldn't tell.

He knocks you forward with the blunt end of his sword, you stumble but not nearly enough to lose balance.

You step forward again and draw your sword,

"You ready?" He smiles mischievously.

"Let's dance, Princess." And at the last word he lunges forward but you step out of his path.

He grunts angered and turns again, this time with his sword held high,

You counter the attack with your own sword, that refreshing sound of steel hitting steel sparks a smile to your lips.

"Its been too long." You grin and he pushes harder, trying to break you.

You quickly swipe the sword low, knicking his leg.

He smiles, pleased that you'd cut him.

"Training usually doesn't go like this?" He wonders with a grin.

"Yeah, training ends up in your bedroom." You joke and he chuckles, laying his sword back and you take your chance to lunge.

He steps out of your way just as quickly and you nearly fall to the ground but gain your stance.

You meet his eyes across the room, a thin line of blood trails on his ankle, sweat droplets couple on his brows, that mischievous grin you've missed.

You both lunge at the exact same time, your swords clattering to the ground, his hands finding your cheeks and soon each others lips meet, at long last.

In that moment you pray to whatever God is up there to give you all a second chance.
Let them live.
Let Roan live.

When you both need a stop for air, he strokes your cheek gently with his thumb and you sigh.

You relax and wrap your arms around him and he does the same.

You need this embrace. This reassurance.
You both do.

"Hey! Hey guys!" Bellamy bursts through the doors and your heads snap to him angrily but his smile doesn't waver.

"Clarke. She did it!" He says and you kiss Roan again, harder and passionately.

"We're gonna live." You whisper with a smile.
"We're gonna live." You repeat with a sigh of relief.