Monty--- Smile, The Worst is Yet to Come💓

UNEDITED

You'd been having a hard time accepting that the world was going to end in approximately 4 days. You felt alone. Alone and confused. Why? Why does everything bad ever imaginable happen to you and your people.

You were seen as the third in command alongside Clarke and Bellamy until you finally confronted the demons in your head. Everything that happened before. The Grounder War. The torture they put onto you. ALIE. How you were manipulated. All the pain everything you do causes you. The excuses. "For my people." When you close your eyes you see their faces. The faces of the people you undoubtedly let down. Killed.

The only friend you have right now is your bottle of 80 proof.

You left Clarke and Bellamy to deal with everything on their own because they never really needed you to do good. And all the bad? You blame yourself. Should you? Yes.

Now you sit alone on a bar stool waiting for Jasper to refill your cup while you sit with a frown, staring at the bottles in front of you, the emptiness of them. In them you see yourself. Not just your reflection.

You suck in a breath and swat away a tear that raced down your cheek. Jasper walks on up to you, pouring more vodka into your little shot glasses. He fills up the 5 of them and gives you a nod. He turns away to his other friends and leaves you alone with your glasses. You look down at them and take another breath before placing your fingertips on the sides of the first one.

"Please don't tell me you're drinking all of those?" A voice speaks up next to you and you turn your head to see Monty.

"You want one?" You shrug and bring the glass to your lips, tipping it back until the burning liquid slides down your throat.

You set the shot glass back down and cough slightly before swallowing hard.

"So what happened?" Monty asks, meeting your eyes.

"Doesn't matter." You shrug again.

"Whatever it is... I understand. Jasper's going through the same thing. He's my friend, I'm with him through anything. Even if I myself wouldn't resort to... this." He took a breath and rested his hand on your shoulder, forcing you to look at him.

"A lot of people care about you, (Y/n), and hate seeing you go down this path... Besides, it's almost the end of the world. You need more hope." He tells you and chuckle slightly.

"Hope? How can I be hopeful when everyone is gonna die?" You furrow your brows and turn your head away. "I'll be fine." You say, a bit quieter.

"You're right. You will be. Because we're searching for another bunker and your name is going to be the first I'm gonna drop into the box." He smiles and your purse your lips and look back over to him.

"I think you have to go." You smile slightly, pointing over his shoulder where Jaha waits impatiently. Monty nods and sighs.

"Remember, if you ever doubt that everyone doesn't care about you, think of me. Okay?" He tells you and you nod with a grin. He smiles and stands up to turn away.

"Wait, Monty." You say and he turns back to you.

You stand up and give him a firm hug. "Thank you." You whisper and you feel his muscles relax around you once you say it.

"Now," you let him go. "You said we are looking for another bunker?" You smile to him and he leads you over to Jaha.