Roan--- You're My City of Light💓

You hadn't been home in months. Maybe even a year.
You'd gone on a mission with twenty others to hunt, fight whomever raided your path, and to try to find the City of Light.

Now, as you haul the last survivors body toward home, your body feels heavy. Heavier than before. You feel dizzy, having not dranken or eaten in three days and your feet drag along the grass and moss.

Water trickles down your face from the tree's leaves up above, a reminder of last nights rainfall.

The air is chilled and frigid but you are sweating in your fur pelts and armor and the weight of your friend on top.

"We're... Almost..." You suck in a breath, "There." You finish and get a slight nod from the man you carry.

Blood covers every inch of your body in the most uncomfortable way. In your ears, dried onto your clothes and face and neck from the thieves you had to take out last night who'd tried to kill you and killed the four other survivors you had left.

You missed home more than you ever imagined you would, you had thought this mission might only take a month or too at most. You were wrong.

Your bones ached and you were positive you were running a fever.

You hadn't seen Azgeda or even Trikru scouts at all along the way which shook your thoughts but you've stayed strong.

Usually there'd be scouts or even hunters lurking the woods willing to help you, but no one turned up.

The thing you missed the most was your beloved Prince. It was like one of those love stories found in old books. Forbidden. Since he a royal member and you nothing but a guard member.

You remember sneaking to him at night while his mother slept, stealing kisses and more.

Oh how much you missed his touch. His hugs. His kiss. His everything.

Your feet were beginning to numb which was a bad thing and a blessing. A blessing because they stung the whole trip and would be good to not feel anything anymore.

Your tongue grew drier and drier with each step and your friend snored as you dragged him.

Your hair was covered in dirt and packed with blood. Your muscles wept in agony and your teeth clamped shut and grinded.

Finally, you thought, as you neared the edge of Trikru.
Almost home.

As you slumped through the streets you noticed familiar faces.
Azgedians filled Trikru's streets more than Trikru.
But why?

A few guards came to your help and grabbed the man and fled with him, without question.

But for you, you hung onto one of the arms that reached for you and croaked out a sentence,
"I need to see Prince Roan." You pleaded and the man whose arm you gripped for support nodded and led you to the strangest place.
Lexa's tower.

"He'll be up there. I can take you." He helped you up the stairs and through the elevator and into the throne room of all places.

He announced your arrival without your name and two more guards opened the door to reveal a sight for sore eyes.
There he was.

You couldn't help it but to run to him with tears streaming down your blood drenched face.

"(Y/n)?" He hummed happily into your ear as you leaped into his arms, embracing him tightly.

"I missed you." You cried into his chest.

"I thought you died." He responded and even with the blood and dirt, did he kiss you without regret or disgust.

"I love you and am not willing to die without you." You smile and he kisses you again with tears in his own eyes.

"I will get you bathed and fed. I'll take care of you." He hugged you again tight.

"Thank you." You sighed happily.
He tasted like joy. And joy tasted good.

He filled you in on everything:
Lexa's death. ALIE. His mothers death. Skaikru. Nightbloods. And of course, the end of the world.
After you ate and were cleaned.

"And what has become of my dear Echo?" You wonder with a trembling lip, afraid to know of what has become to your younger sister.

"She's safe. Alive. She's with Bellamy. A nice Skaikru man. She's safe." He says again reassuring you and you smile.

"Thank the Gods." You sighed.
"So I guess this makes you my king." You smile, taking his hand and kissing it.

"And you my queen." He grins and you laugh.

"Yeah right. Maybe just your significant other." You shrug.

"As king, I make the rules. You're my queen." He says and you smile and lean in and kiss his cheek before hugging him close.
"I've missed you, Roan. Everything about you." You whisper and he squeezes you tighter.

"I haven't been myself without you. I love you, (y/n). I wouldn't see myself spending the rest of my time here with anyone else." He says honestly and strokes your cheek sweetly.

"And I you... Now." You clear your throat. "You have yet to show me your chambers." You ask with a slight smirk to your lips.