Ch.8

Tuesday

    "I'm not getting on a plane that small! Are you out of your mind?" I ask, looking at Truex. I'm seconds away from getting hysterical as he starts to push me forward.

"It'll be fine." He says, shoving me lightly. I back up not going anywhere near that staircase. His arms go around me and I yelp in surprise as I'm tosses me onto his shoulder.

"No, Truex! I'm not going!" I yell, as he climbs the stairs. At the top he lowers me off his shoulder, before forcing me to walk forward as he dunks his head under the door opening.

"I ordered you a shot." Mya, states holding up a cup. I walk to where she's sitting and sit across from her, taking the cup and slamming it back.

I almost choke on the tequila, "That was a double." I tell her as my eyes burn.

"You need it. Look at you, so nervous." She smiles, loving how uncomfortable I am.

"I wouldn't be nervous if this were a real plane and not a toy." I remark, loudly.

She laughs. "Its so much better than commercial. Trust me."

    I scoff and ask for another shot from the pretty flight attendant. I take my second and third shot just before the plane starts to move down the runway. I close my eyes and grab Truex's hand as the sensation of lift-off hits me. Once we're in the air I open my eyes to see Mya and Truex share a look.

"If you're making fun of me, I swear you'll regret it." I threaten.

He smirks but doesn't say anything, Mya just raises one pompous eyebrow.

"What?" I ask, irritated. "You're afraid of clowns, Mya and Truex, you kill spiders with a vacuum. So, both of you can suck it." I say, listening to Truex laugh beside me.

    The stewardess comes to serve us a fruit, veggie and meat tray. She offers me a plate and I take my fingers from Truex's hand, not realizing I still had a hold of it. I glare at Mya as she watches the whole thing, her offensive eyebrow still raised.

New York

I instantly love New York. What a whole new experience. I could people watch for hours, so many stories and lives passing by. I want to look at everything, frustrating Mya who wants to shop. I drag behind with Truex as she races on ahead. As we pass a street vendor I see Truex on the cover of a men's health magazine. "Oh, wow! Another one! You need to share this stuff with me." I insist, picking it up excitedly.

    The man recognizes Truex and lets me take the magazine for free, much to the dismay of Truex. I open the pages to find his article. What I see makes my eyes go big. "Whoa, you're naked!" I accuse. "I can almost see all of your butt! Your mom is gonna have something to say about this one." I remark, happily fanning myself with it.

"Do you have to comment on it?" He asks, avoiding eye contact with me.

I look up at him. "Absolutely! You're not embarrassed are you? With your cute little bubble butt showing?" I tease.

He groans, making me laugh. "Stop."

"I would if I could, but I can't look away!" I yell, studying the picture even closer. He snatches the magazine from me and puts it inside his coat.