Ch. 15

I fall asleep against Truex before we get back to the hotel. When I wake up he basically drags me up to our door, I'm that tired. As soon as we get in the room I ask him to unzip my dress, as he does he start kissing the back of my neck.

"That wasn't an invitation." I tell him, as he gently strokes my bare back with his knuckles, sending tingles all over my body.

"We should celebrate." He suggests, huskily.

"Celebrate what exactly?"

"My awards. You should be impressed. Don't believe me, just ask my mother." He jokes, sounding distracted.

I chuckle, "I'm getting weak in the knees thinking about all your trophies."

"Awards. Although, I do have plenty of trophies." He corrects, moving us closer to the bed.

I roll my eyes. "Maybe you should get comfortable?" I suggest, seductively. Turning towards him, I take his hand and lead him to the bed.  "Lay down." I order, giving him a light push.

He does as I say, all while not taking his eyes from me. I locate what I'm looking for and smile at him. "Close your eyes." He does after a few seconds of deliberation. I pick up his discarded t-shirt from earlier today and make my way to the bathroom. Locking the door behind me. "Sucker!" I shout, smiling.

    I take a hot shower washing away all the hair product and makeup. After brushing my teeth I open the door, startled to see Truex standing against the opening.

"Showers all yours. Judging by your face its gonna be a cold one." I smirk, looking into his deep scowl. He walks past me and into the bathroom. Going straight to the bed I slide under the crisp white sheets listening to the shower run.

Minutes later he walks into the room with a towel around his waist and another drying his hair. When he lets the towels drop my eyes almost fall out of my head. He starts getting in bed and I ask, flustered. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

"I sleep naked." He replies, sliding into bed.

"You didn't last night." I point out.

He shrugs, "Tonight I am."

"Don't touch me with it." I warn, as he moves closer. I turn on my side away from him.

"But all it wants to do is touch you." He states, pulling my hips toward him. I feel it on the back of my legs and grit my teeth. His large arm over my waist and my head tucked under his chin, dammit why does he have to be so warm and comfortable. I fall asleep, thinking about how good he smells.

    Knocking...on the door. Again! I hate waking up like this! Ugh! I elbow, Truex. "Get the door. I got it last time." He groans as he gets out of bed. I hear the door open and I hear a loud single screech. Confused, I sit up and turn on the bedside table lamp.

Truex walks back into the room with a newspaper up to his face completely naked. I laugh, "Was that Mya?" I ask, hopeful. "Please, say it was." I say, excitedly.

He nods, "It was. She gave me this." He smirks, handing me the newspaper. He flips on the television and starts to channel surf.

I look at the picture, in black and white print its a photo of us. I'm smiling up at him and he's grinning down at me. "It looks like a photo on a romance novel." I comment. I read the caption: Lucky in Love and Awards. "Its too early to read. What is the article about?"

"Us and the awards I won." He answers, turning up the volume on the television. There's a ding and Truex picks up a phone handing it to me. "Its new, but the code is still the same and all your contacts are there."

"Thanks." I say, hesitant at first. Its a text from Mya, telling me to be ready to leave soon. I watch the awards show we were at last night. When it shows Truex win an award I study my reaction. I look like I won the damn award, I'm that happy.

"I've got to get ready." I comment, uncomfortable with watching myself. Getting out of bed I take my clothes and phone with me to the bathroom. I put my makeup on, straighten my hair and quickly get dressed. Mya calls to tell me we have to leave seconds after I finish. I walk out of the bathroom to find Truex exactly as I left him.

"I'm headed out. Be back later." I say, going to the door.

He glances up at me lazily, then sits up his eyes running over me hotly. "That's what you're wearing?"

I look down at my sweater, skirt, thick tights and boots. "Seriously?" I ask, sarcastically before grabbing my coat and leaving the room.

Mya, is at the elevator holding the doors open impatiently. We get on and I turn to her. "How was your morning? See anything interesting? Any big news?" I question, mischievously.

"I hate you." She replies, and we both laugh.

"Stop being so stiff." I add, jokingly.

''Did you see the picture of you two?" She asks, wanting to change the subject.

I nod, not wanting to discuss it. "Where's your mom?"

"She went to eat. She's meeting us at the shop."

We get halfway through the lobby when I see Easton texting on his phone. "Hey, loser." I say, giving him a side hug.

He looks up smiling."Hey, you went home with Treux. We're both losers." He jokes. "Speaking of, Truex." He laughs, nodding to something behind us.

    I turn to see Truex scrambling off the elevator trying to get his other shoe on with his shirt and coat clutched in his hand. To say people are noticing would be an understatement. Everyone is looking at him with interest and some with lust.

I shake my head amused. "Someone has to explain to him what a one nightstand is." I say, smiling. He watches me intently as he stalks towards us.

"I think that's called the walk of shame." Easton comments, loud enough for Truex to hear.

He reaches us and hands me his coat, I take it as Mya asks, "I thought you didn't want to come?"

He pulls his shirt over his head. "I'm coming." Is all he says, looking directly at me and not happy.

"I wish you would've told me. I asked Easton be my guy opinion."

"Well, now you have us both." He replies, taking my hand and his coat.

"Tell me you didn't decide to come because I was in a skirt." I say, grinning up at him knowingly. "Truex, that's sad." I add, amused.

Mya laughs. "You have issues, bro."

He doesn't respond, but we all know its true. "You gave everyone quite a show." I point out, looking at all the people still staring at him. "Was it worth it?"

He shrugs. "I caught you before you left."

"But your reputation will be in tatters." I tease.

He shrugs again. "I'm already dating you."

I try not to laugh, I do. But it is too good of a comeback, "Nicely played." I reply, impressed.