Ch. 38

I watch as Truex, Kevin and Easton do what they call, run routes. I look at Mya, "Spill." I demand. Wanting to know it all.

She shakes her head. "Nothing yet."

"Nothing yet?"

"Nope, he's been sweet. He's helped me chancel everything and let's me cry on his shoulder." She shrugs.

I groan, "Sounds boring."

She laughs. "We're taking it slow. Something you and Truex obviously have never heard of."

"We've heard of it, we're just not boring like you." I tease.

Her smile drops and she turns to me. "Oh, my God. You're right." The surprise on her face is laughable. "I'm going the throw myself at him and see what happens." She says, quickly.

"I was joking, Mya. Take all the time you need." I tell her, stunned. We mess around like this all the time she never takes my advice.

"Its working for you two." She points out.

I roll my eyes, "We're different."

"I wanna be different." She pouts, crossing her arms.

I watch Easton, he's catching the football and tossing it back to Truex. He is a very handsome man and his butt is on point. "Yeah, lock that shit down." I agree.

She scoffs, "Consider it done."

Easton gives the ball to Kevin and father and son, resume the casual game of running with the ball, this is fun for them? Easton, comes back towards us and I smirk, knowing too much about what is going to happen. "Ask him to help you with drinks for everyone." I order. Whispering, "Make your move."

I feel Mya's elbow hit my arm but shrug it off. This girl needs help. Easton is in deep, I see it written all over his face. "Easton, will you help Mya get drinks for everyone. I would but I'm exhausted." I say, slumping my shoulders for effect.

He nods, but looks at me suspiciously. "Yeah, I can do that."

Mya glares at me but leads Easton into the house. "Well, this should be interesting." I say as Truex and his dad join me. I try to stall. "Hey, can I play?"

Truex stops walking, shocked. "Play?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"Play catch." He repeats, holding up the ball.

I roll my eyes, "Looks easy enough." I walk to him taking the ball. "So, how do I do this?" I ask. "Why are they shaped so funny?"

"It's shaped that way because its roughy the shape of an inflated pig's bladder, which is what the first footballs were made of." He answers, seriously.

"Ewe, really?"

He nods, "Yep."

I give the ball back to him. "Should I run and try to catch it?" He laughs and I hit his chest. "What?"

"The woman I married doesn't-" He stops mid sentence. "What are you doing?"

I feel my eyes go big. How the hell did he figure it out so fast. "Nothing." I reply, too quickly.

His eyes narrow and he turns towards the house. "If I go in there and something is going on I don't like. I'll be discussing it with you." He warns.

I shrug, "Then don't go in there. I absolutely hate discussions."

I look to see Kevin about to go inside and turn back to Truex. "There, now we don't have to talk about it."

"Whats he going to find?"