Ch. 41

Coming back home felt almost euphoric, the drama and the hectic pace I found myself in seems to be over...finally!

Its been a little over three week's since we've been back and everyone has kinda slipped back into work mode. 

    Picking up my favorite paint brush I smile. Its way too long since I've smelt fresh paint, I take out my supplies having a thought in my head for the stark white canvass in front of me.

Treux has been stuck in meeting after meeting involving endorsement deals, television interviews and I'm sure some actual football stuff. He has a photo shoot today he didn't seem too enthusiastic about when he left.

    Mya is back to teaching after taking time off to deal with the Tate and wedding fiasco. I honestly have never seen her happier, she seems to be back to her old self.

    Easton is back in Texas dealing with packing and moving. Apparently, he wasn't messing around and closed on a house near us last week. I'm sure he'll show up unannounced in the near future.

That leaves me...alone here with only just my thoughts...since, I can't find my car keys anywhere! I'm not sure if I misplaced them or Treux took them. But If I was a betting person, I'd wager he conveniently took them with him this morning. He's being ridiculous about my safety, convinced I will die if I drive myself anywhere.

I hear the studio door open and turn to see a disgruntled Truex. "I've been trying to call you for the last hour."

"I'm trying to paint. I didn't want to be disturbed. What is it?"  I ask, worriedly.

"I need you to come with me. To a photo shoot." He says, watching me intently.

"Weren't you just at one?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah, but I left to come get you. They want the photo done with a girl all over me." He states, disgruntled.

"So?" I ask, trying not to smile.

He glares, "So, you'll have to be the girl." He clarifies.

I smirk at the thought of him being uncomfortable with a random woman all over him. "You do know she gets paid right? She doesn't have to like it, either do you for that matter." I point out, close to laughing.

"Come on." He urges, ignoring my statement. "I need you to do it or I'll cancel and I'm already contracted to do it."

"Or don't cancel and grow up. Its not like they're telling you to have sex with her." I say, as he tugs me towards the door.

"Can't you have a jealous moment? Just once." He questions, irritated.

"Sure! You want this to be it?" I ask, amused. He doesn't respond so I start walking with him in a huff. "If they think they can drape some paid professional model over my husband, they can think again. Not going to happen! Simply, outrageous that they would think a woman who's job it is to look perfect, would be suited to do a job for a photographer."

"Shut up. You'll see what I mean when we get there." He says, impatiently opening the front door for me. I wait as he locks it after us and we walk to the car.

On the way to the job I ask, "Okay, how bad is it?" I want to know what I'm getting myself into, as I start to get a little nervous.

He grunts. "I thought I was just being dramatic?"

"I'm sure you are." I assure him, smugly.

They want her laying on top of me holding a football over my junk." He explains.

Shocked and amused I ask, "Whoa, whats this for?"

"Another Sports Illustrated issue. 50 hottest men in sports." He answers.