Chapter 25

Kirstie's POV

I ran home. I didn't look back. I didn't want to. I just wanted to be as far away from him as possible. The farther the better.

Why would he come? Didn't he get it when I told my mom I didn't want to have to go visit him? I get that I'm his daughter and he loves me, but I just don't see how this is okay. He can't just leave my mother and I and go fall in love with a woman in Paris and get married to her!

I guess I'm still really mad about that, but who wouldn't be? I just wish I knew why he was here. Maybe that will make me less upset.

I ran inside my house, right past my mother, straight to my room and started crying. I don't think I've ever been more upset about something in my entire life. I heard footsteps as my mom approached my door.

"Kirstin, sweetie, may I come in?" She asked sweetly

"Yes mama" I responded

"What's going on dear? Did you and Jeremy break up?"

"No mama, dad was, He came, school presentation, I yelled, ran, and now I'm here"

"Honey, I need you to be a little bit clearer, it's hard for me to understand what you're saying when you're crying"

"Okay. Dad showed up and school and saw my presentation. I yelled at him and then ran here"

"Oh sweetheart, I should've told you he was coming. I'm sorry"

"Wait. You knew he was coming?! Why didn't you tell me!? I thought you knew how mad I am at him!"

"He only wanted to see you for your birthday"

"I get that, but I'm just, i'm just not ready to have to face this"

"You don't have to do it alone, you have me and your friends. Do you want me to text them and invite them over?"

"You don't have to. Wait, you text my friends?"

"Just Mitch. You're almost always at his house or he's here so one time when you were asleep I got his phone number"

"Just his right? You don't have Scott's too?"

"I don't, just Mitch. I'm going to text him and invite him, Scott, and Jeremy over"

"Are you sure?"

"Look at yourself. You ran into the house sobbing, didn't say anything to me, and now you're in your bed and you have been for the past half hour. If this doesn't call for one of your 'girls nights' I don't know what does"

"The girls are normally just Scott, Mitch, and I though"

"But Jeremy is your boyfriend and I think this time it might be a good idea to have him here too"

"Okay"

Within an hour Mitch, Scott, and Jeremy were all sitting around my room and we were talking and laughing. Scott was sitting at my desk, Mitch was on the end of my bed, and Jeremy and I were cuddling in my bed.

 Scott was sitting at my desk, Mitch was on the end of my bed, and Jeremy and I were cuddling in my bed

This is what Kirstie's room looks like

We talked for hours. Every few hours my mom would come up with snacks. At one point she came up with dinner for us. With my mom, we all decided it would be a good idea for me to stay home from school for the next day, if not longer.