Chapter 32

Kirstie's POV

My birthday rolled around quicker than I had expected and honestly, I wasn't ready. Things at school have been fine, but I doubt Stella's going to let me have a good day. I can't go a day without her awful remarks and attempts to trip me, but she's been out of school a lot recently so it's been good.

But it's my birthday, and she's probably going to make today the worst day of my life.

I decided I was going to put a lot of effort into getting ready so I could look good for my birthday. I curled my hair and did a half up, half down look with a little bun. I decided to wear a red top with a peplum and jeans. For shoes, I chose a pair of black ankle boots before running downstairs to find only a note from my mom.

Hi sweetie, sorry I couldn't be there for your birthday breakfast as usual, got called into work early. Promise I'll be home for dinner. Left your breakfast on the counter, hope you enjoy. Love mama

I sat at the kitchen table to eat my breakfast. Although, normally I'd be rushing because I'd need to catch the bus, today I wasn't because Jeremy and his mom were going to pick me up.

When Jeremy and his mom arrived to pick me up I couldn't have been more excited.

"Happy birthday baby" He said as he leaned over the seat for a kiss "I got you something"

"Aw you didn't have to get me anything"

"I wanted to. After all, you did give me my best present this year. Anyway, open it" I opened the small box and inside was the most beautiful necklace with a dark blue crystal on it. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen

"I love it! It's gorgeous!" I exclaimed as I put it on

"You kids ready?" His mom asked

"Yeah" We responded

"Off to school!"