Chapter 30

Kirstie's POV

I sat in my room after school staring at the homework on my desk. I knew I had to get it done, but I didn't know when I would. It just seemed complicated and confusing and I couldn't really focus on it. I had been sitting there for the past twenty minutes and I could see the amount of work piling up. Thirty math problems, and outline for my english paper, and history and bio notes. I had done 3 math problems and came up with a topic for my paper, but it felt like there was so much work for me to do.

My phone rang. I saw it was Mitch and answered, while trying to do the next math problem.

"Hey" I said as I answered my phone "What's up?"

"Scott and I were wondering if you wanted to hang out for a little bit?"

" Can't"

"Why?"

"Homework"

"Still?"

"Yes"

"How much do you have done"

"I just finished the fourth math problem and I came up with a topic for english"

"Oh. I would've thought you'd be done by now, you normally are"

"I know, I know, I'm just having trouble focusing today"

"Is the whole Stella thing bothering you that much? Kirst, I love you, but you and I both know you're going no where letting her get to you like this. If you let her get to you, she wins. Do you want her to win?"

"No"

"Then stop thinking about her and do your work. I'll come by in an hour to see how much you've gotten done and what you need help with. Okay?"

"Kay" Mitch hung up the phone and I immediately got to work, working faster and harder than ever before. By the time Mitch arrived I had finished all of my work and was able to hang out with him. I didn't realize how much I needed that. He knows how to lift my mood and make me feel better about myself and that was exactly what I needed.