Chapter Six:

Our night was now on hold. Everyone was escorted home by guardians and the rest of us were isolated to our rooms. Well, somewhat isolated. In hopes of a bonding opportunity, I invited Maura, Scarlett, Merilyn, Capri, and Rydel into my suite for a slumber party. The guardians stood watch outside the hall and didn’t let anyone go anywhere but they would gladly retrieve anything we needed.

  “So what’s it like being with guys all the time?” Capri questioned Rydel.

   She smiled like she was asked this all the time but was still happy to answer. “It is really fun actually! I get tour with my brothers and best friend. It’s honestly the best job anyone can have!”

  “Is it weird that Melody is hooking up with your brother?” Scarlett joked.

  Rydel laughed. The royals leaving took most of the stress off of her. “It is totally fine if you like my brother. He hasn’t had that special someone in his life and trust me you’ve been driving him crazy lately. You’re all he has talked about since we got here. Rydel, have you seen Melody? Rydel, does my hair look good for Melody? Rydel, do I even have a chance with Melody?” she mocked in such a perfect Riker voice it was scary.

  “Well, I do like Riker but I don’t want to start anything with him. You guys are leaving for Witch University in a month and you will be at Magius on and off until your tour is over.” I explained but got booed and popcorn thrown at me.

  “Why can’t you ever just accept a fairytale when it comes to you?” Merilyn sighed. “You can always hire tutors and train them here. They are the Elemental Circle and you are the only wielder of all elements.”

  “Oh my gosh, that would be amazing! It’s awesome here!” Rydel cheered. The evidence behind the idea was reasonable but other factors weren’t mentioned.

  “I just don’t think I have time. My twenty-second birthday is in a few months and then I’ll have to pick a husband and become queen.” I said.

  Rydel let out a long breath. “I just wish things were different. This universe is amazing but it still has its downfalls like having a competition like The Bachelor.” All five of us looked confused. “Never mind. I’m saying if you didn’t have strict laws about royal marriage you could marry my brother and live happily ever after.”

  Capri chimed in next. “Those very rarely happen. Witches don’t die from old age or diseases. We get murdered by other magical beings or demons.”

  “So I’ll never get old?” Rydel practically squealed.

  “You will but if you do something extraordinary. The Council will grant you immortality.” Maura inputed. She’d been too busy using the Royal Web to send messages to Rocky to say anything. “Mainly rulers get it so they can stay alive longer. It became a law like ten years ago.”

  “You know a cell phone is easier to use.” Rydel told her.

  We all looked almost as confused as we were for The Bachelor comment. “What the hell is a cell phone?” Merilyn asked. We may be royals but no one said we couldn’t have an unladylike mouth.

  “A cell phone is this device you can send instant messages to and call people.” she explained. “So, how hard would it be for all of you girls to come to one of our concerts?”

  “We’d have to have major security and leave a bunch of people in charge so very difficult.” Scarlett said eating a handful of popcorn.

  “Plus, we wouldn’t know the first thing about blending. Just listen to our accents compared to yours. People would question where we are from.” I added.