Chapter Twenty-Nine

The cold blades from my daggers brushed my skin as I tucked them into a secret holder on the side of my combat boots. I grabbed about a dozen knives and began to place them all along my black pants, making my outfit look sharper. If we were to lose today, it would not be because of a lack of weapons. We had joined the other form in the training room just as they finished a battle simulation.  I could feel the emotions running rampant in the room and decided to get a little sneak peek into the minds of those around me.

    I always knew we were born to do great things. We can't let down mom. Ross thought. It was not the first time he was thinking about impressing his parents. For some reason, he always felt as if he was going to screw up and become the family outcast. From what Riker has told me, Ross was one of the most successful members of their band.

    You just need to control your emotions, and everything will be fine. Everyone is counting on you to heal them in an emergency. Rydel was getting more and more paranoid by the second. Without her knowledge, I drifted into her head, slightly changing her emotions to make her a little more calm.

    Now is your chance to prove that you can be just as good as the rest of them. Rocky was in the middle of giving himself a pep talk which I decided was best not to hear.

    Lord Blackwood entered the room just as everyone finished getting ready. "I know all of you have anxiously been awaiting this day which is why I wanted to wish each and everyone of you the best. I have given everyone their special weapon except for Melody. This bow has been made from imperial glass and metal that only someone of royal blood will be able to wield. The twenty-six arrows will remind you of the history we are fighting for. Each of them has been infused with all five of the elements, thanks to your friends, which is why they have become the deadliest weapons in the realms. Be careful, prinţesă."

     I glanced over at Rydel. Any word from Maidence?

    She shook her head. I was hoping she would be back by now. I guess we are on our own now.

    She will find a way to get the message to us. She won't let us down.

    Riker placed his arm around my waist forcing me to withdrawl from my conversation with Rydel. This could not be the end for the two of us. The Halliwell line needed me to produce an heir that will leave a great impact just as I have yet to do. My battle was only just beginning, and I would not allow anyone especially not my father and his moronic demon friends to take that away from me.

    I took one last moment to really take in the details of Riker. His brown eyes which once were full of curiosity and optimism seemed to hold the weight of the world now. He felt an obligation to not only protect me, but also the rest of his family. Being the oldest meant you put your siblings lives before your own, even if you believed they could possibly be working with the devil. His blonde hair was barely staying out of his eyes now, probably because he refused to take time to cut it while we were training. For the first time, I was just beginning to see exactly how much his body had changed since we had first met. The skinny, fragile guy I had first met had become a confident, muscular man. Riker really did have his head in the game.

    Lord Blackwood walked over to Rydel and Capri. "We have prepared a few powerful potions that can be used for healing. The two of you should hold on to them. It will not heal someone completely like your powers will, but it will work for minor injuries."

    Capri glanced around the room. "Is everyone ready to go?"

    A smirk grew across Merilyn's face. "Looks like it is time to go to hell."

                                                                                                __________