Chapter Eleven:

The rooms were less to a princess’ accommodations and more fit for someone much more like a president. In the girl’s dormitory, three bedrooms, housing two girls in each, were all centered around a living area which included a medium sized livingroom, a small kitchen, a dining room for six people, and two bathrooms. The bedrooms were fairly good sized with two full sized beds, two mahogany dressers with six drawers and a mirror, one walk in closet, and a full length mirror. The guy’s dormitory, however, had the same living area, but instead of three bedrooms it had the grand number of four. The Lynch boys would be housing with some other students to leave rooms open in case of refugees.

  “Do you think the guys are going to be angry that they have to share rooms with complete strangers?” Rydel asked as we unpacked the various suitcases we were sent from the palaces and Earth. I offered to room with her so she did not feel out of the loop. The rest of us have been together since I was eight years old.

  I tried my best to keep up with her comments here and there, but my mind was in another place entirely. “I am sure they don’t really care. The only area they really have to share is the living area. The other guys probably mind more than they do. Besides, they are boys they adapt to different situations better than girls would. I think they will find their new home perfectly soothing.”

  “So, I know that we are just starting the whole friendship thing, but Riker’s emotions were killing me the whole time. Do you want to talk about what happened? I believe I can help you if you just let me in. I discovered you had a barrier in your mind whenever I was trying to peek in to learn your secrets to mastering this affinity.” Rydel muttered like she was going to get in trouble for her curiosity.

  Without glancing up, I took a look into her mind. Her and Riker were closer than the others so naturally she felt protective towards him. She felt like he was always the leader of their group so he never put himself out there with any other girls. Looking through a mind was very complex though. Unless you are looking for something specific, all you see is a bunch of random memories and thoughts that will sometimes to stick out. I escaped before I saw something I was not suppose to. “No, Rydel. I don’t want to talk about it. There is nothing to talk about. Riker is an amazing guy, but his place is on Earth. The chances any of you will choose to reside here is very very very unlikely.”

  “I believe you used the term exiled,” she smirked. Of course, she was able to see our conversation.

  “I didn’t mean it, but do not tell him that. I just felt like he would’ve kept trying and trying until I finally caved. I like your brother, but now is not the time to start something that I can’t really finish. None of you ever thought about the possibility that me or the other girls might not make it out alive. Maura has a budding romance with Rocky, and Merilyn has Ross wrapped around her twisted fingers. I have a feeling that if anyone doesn’t make it out it would most likely be me. I just can’t do that to Riker. Guys here, for instance, know death all too well. If I dated a guy here that knew he was a witch his whole life and then I suddenly died, yeah he would mourn, but then he would move on. On Earth, don’t you have like five stages of grief? I have heard people take as long as two years to grieve! That is absurd!”

  Rydel laughed a bit. “Don’t tell them I said this, but witch guys are also way sexier. Who doesn’t love a guy that is super strong or can teleport you to any place you want?”

  “Don’t let the school name fool you, you can find all sorts of magical creatures here. Speaking of witch guys, Jensen said the students have a huge party for the students every other Saturday to left off some steam. It should have started about ten minutes ago. The others all went and I was not going to go, but I guess we should let our hair down before going to work on Monday.” I suggested.