Chapter Eighteen:

As great as our reason was, it was going to be hard to explain exactly why we wanted to leave Witch University, a heavily guarded compound away from demonic activity, to travel to the Enchanted Castle. By telling the faculty why we were going, we could easily risk Merilyn and Maura finding out why we left in the first place. Everything had to be very precise and secretive with little planning. Every word we said could give them some clue as to what we were actually doing.

  Lord Blackwood barely glanced at us when we entered his office after classes ceased. “What can I do for you today, Miss Halliwell? I would also like to send my gratitude for your full recovery.” Either he did not notice the other two or he was just ignoring them for some odd reason.

  “Sir, I would like to request a trip to the Enchanted Castle. I believe there is some information there that could really benefit us in the battle. All I will need is a few guards and a night’s travel.” I said as briefly as possible.

  He turned his attention from a book to me. “What information could you possibly get from there? Anything in your library at that castle is most likely in ours.”

  “The information I would like is classified at the moment. Actually, I am looking for a person rather than a book. Trust me, I will take the most precautions possible and let any protection you offer be with me the entire time.” I lied. People watching over me was not exactly something you get use to over time. As time passes, it just gets more and more annoying.

  “If you don’t want me to answer my question, I can only deny your request. Besides, guards are running low right now, and we need to use their resources for a better purpose than an interview. We want everything we do to be relevant.” He chose each word very carefully, but not too carefully.

  “You know guardians are people too. I bet your ass would not be sitting here if it was not for them! How could you treat them like they are just a tool you can use to your advantage?” Riker snapped, getting in his face.

  “You should teach that boy to hold his tongue in the presence of noble. Your mother would be so ashamed of you right now. In fact, I recall her saying how she wanted to run away here to escape the treacherous family she create. What was her name again? Ah, yes. Stormie Lynch. She is a beautiful lady and would have been a very talented witch.” Lord Blackwood was pushing on buttons he should not have even been near.

  I stepped between the two of them to avoid any conflict. “If you want to deny my request, then I will make it an order. You might be a noble, but I am the princess of Magius. Guardians need to stay here to protect your students. I want a solo mission then.”

  Maidence opened her mouth. “Excuse me? We already talked about this! Riker and I are going with you to help you. You can not just change your mind whenever we are this close to escaping this hell hole.”

  “I did not change my mind whenever we came in here. My mind was made up when we discussed going to the Enchanted Castle. I am not putting yours or Riker’s life in jeopardy right now. I just want to see both of you try to change my mind. I am going alone and that is final.” I ordered.

  Lord Blackwood looked between the three of us. “I do not care if you are ordering a solo mission. Do you know how much trouble I would get in for letting the heir to the throne go to that castle alone? Secrets haunt that place which should not be dug up for a long time. I grew up with all of your parents, and I can honestly tell you whatever you are looking for should stay buried there. But if you are going to insist on leaving, I will let you leave with a team. Riker, you need to stay here to catch up on a few lessons you missed while you were waiting for Miss Halliwell to recover. Maidence, you are too emotionally vulnerable at this point to go anywhere. All of you please step into the hallway while I assemble a team for you. Melody, you will leave tonight, stay at the castle and leave tomorrow morning. Are we clear? Do not backtrack or I will come up there and get you myself. Understood?”