Chapter Seven:

People passed me in the street, laughing, smiling, and joking in the streets without a single care in the world. The birds chirped happily through the deep blue sky. The smell of thousands of different kinds of food engulfed the area we were now standing in. None of the people around us seemed to realize that a few galaxies away all hell was breaking loose. Time had frozen for a split second to allow us a safe entrance onto Earth. The ten of us made our way towards a big yellow automobile that had the name Taxi on it.

   “We are going to split up. Melody, Rydel, Maura, Merilyn, and I will all take the first cab to get to our house. The rest of you will find another one.” Riker instructed. He helped all of us into the car and told him an address.

   The cab driver kept looking back at me and my sisters very curiously. “You girls don’t look like you are from around here.” He told us.

  “We aren’t from around here.” Merilyn replied. Her sweet nature seemed to intrigue him and want to know more.

  “Where are you from then? I think I want to go to wear the exotic girls come from.” he said trying to form a compliment. He was around our age and had a textbook in the side of the door. This job was probably to pay his way through school.

  I answered for the speechless Merilyn. “We are from Romania. Băile Tușnad, Romania.” The small town I said was actually the place where witchcraft originated on Earth. Many witches still did live there, hiding from prejudiced people that don’t accept our way of life.

  “You all look like you have been through a lot.” the cab driver guessed.

  “We just really want to get home to see our family.” Riker told him. The man pulled up to the Lynch home. He tried to hand him some money but the man wouldn’t take it.

  “It’s on me.” The cab driver opened my door and helped me out. He looked at me one last time and winked. “Good luck, prințesă” The man spoke the Romanian word for princess perfectly. He was one of the witches in hiding and knew the whole time who we were. My answer to his question just confirmed his theory.

  The cab pulled out of the driveway, leaving me standing alone in the street. A woman that looked distinctly like Rydel came out and helped me inside the house where the chilly atmosphere hadn’t reached. The smell of fresh cookies in the oven filled the picture of a cozy, warm home. She led me to take a seat on the couch next to Riker. She waited for the others to arrive before she started her questioning.

  “Where have all of you been? Mark and I have been worried sick about all you! I haven’t had a phone call from any of you in three days! Then, you show up with five new girls.” the lady yelled at them. “I’m Stormie to the five of you who don’t know me.”

  “Mom, we went to grandma’s house to clean it out and surprise you but we had a little bump in the road.” Riker explained.

  Her eyes widened. “I told you not to go there.”

  I had to step in now. “It doesn’t matter if they went there or not. Your children had to receive their powers to fulfill a very important prophecy. I’m Melody Halliwell.”

  “I knew who you were the minute you walked in. You and your mom have those blue eyes that can put anyone you look at in a trance.” Stormie informed me. Joy, she knew my mother and probably thinks she is amazing. “She was a treacherous woman. I wanted to keep my family away from the legacy she left behind.”

  I stand corrected. “Actually, her legacy doesn’t live on because she is still alive to our dismay. The Enchantress has aligned herself with the demonic world, more specifically the Legendary Seven.”