Chapter Seventeen:

Clara’s eyes pondered me as I kept staring at the truth behind her aura. Oracles were a very rare breed of magical creatures that were once shunned for their mystical powers of foresight. An Oracle can see the future, tell prophecies, see the spirit world without leaving their bodies, and see into the mind of each and every person. The only problem is they are very very tricky. I’d never met one, but the stories I heard were that they would tell the future in a very poetic way.

  “Aren’t you going to ask me? Sweet child, I know you want to know what will happen in the outcome of the final showdown. I might not be a witch, but I am still able to answer your questions.” Clara assured me. Women were the only Oracles in all of the realms. A mother must pass down her powers to her daughter for them to become a foreseer.  I bet Lord Blackwood did not even know that his mother was one of them.

  I changed my glance to the actual person sitting before me. “I have heard the prophecy, but it was a very long time ago. Let’s start there.”

  “Great place to start if I do say so myself. I see you know the rumored prophecy, not the real one. Let me clear up that knowledge. The true prophecy goes likes this. Elements walk among the realms to salvage the land once renewed. Circles unite to fight the Legendary Seven. Little did they know only seven will remain. Evil is a power much do fear, but destroying it is much more clear. For power rises that much do want, but will tip the scale and determine what. What will win, who will die, and who will make it to the other side. This is the true prophecy. Seven of the original ten will remain. Not seven of the seventeen that fight like many believe.” Clara informed me. She might not have been a complete psycho, but she still had a little bit of quirks.

  I said the lines over and over in my head. “To salvage the land once renewed? Magius is very much thriving at this point. Even around the north where the attacks happened, nothing was truly destroyed.”

  “On the outside, anything can look perfect. You can fake a happy demeanor, but you can’t lie about what is really going on within you. You might be looking at Magius, but are you truly seeing what it is trying to show you?” Yep, Oracles were very tricky people.

  “What about the outcome? I want to know what happens.” If anyone else was in my place, I am sure they would demand answers as well.

  Clara smiled and examined the glass on the door. “Melody, you have a lot to learn before you become queen. I may see the future, but it is always changing as decisions are made. What I see depicts the expected result of others actions. You never know what someone will do until it happens. The future may change, but their fate never will. If a person is truly meant to die, they will die regardless of people’s actions. Some demons can reverse time to change history, but history will always go back to how it was. That goddess will always make sure it goes her way. My powers come from her, you know? I have a very strong, personal connection with Fate. She truly has taken a liking to your relationship with Riker, but always wants a great story in the end. Never doubt yourself because the answer is always inside of you. Trust me, the ending never satisfies anyone. Just make sure your journey counts.” The trickster opened the door and let Riker back into the room. She disappeared into the shadows, making me believe she would not return before the week is over.

  “I know it is really weird dealing with an Oracle. Rocky is actually the one that figured out she was not a witch. He kept saying something is off about her. Then, Rydel told us what she saw in his aura.” Riker murmured looking at the place she once stood.

  I stood up for the first time in a while. Stumbling just a bit, I began to walk out of the room. “I can’t stay cooped up in here any longer. I want to see how much everyone has progressed in the past few weeks. You probably don’t have much to work on with all that firepower you summoned.”