Chapter Twenty-Three:

Rocky took a step back from the pentagram. Spirits would have been rushing to get through the gateway between life and death that he would've opened. "What the hell? I wasn't trying to I conjure up treacherous demons or anything. I just wanted to know what this spell did. Why would the Enchantress have this ritual anyway?"

"You might want to sit down for this," I waited for all three of them to take a seat before I began my lecture. "The information I am about to disclose is not known to the general public right now. Most of what I am about to tell you my sisters don't even know. This means you can not mention this to anyone. Understood?"

They all spoke in unison. "Yes."

Enchantress Margaret Halliwell was probably one of the most renown witches of all time. She pretty much established the order for the entire realm. I'm sure your professors brushed on the history of our rulers so I'm not going to get into that. The Legendary Seven, the demons we are destined to face, were not always evil. Each generation, a new circle is created to protect the realms of great evil. When two circles are created, the only justification is something is about to go down like our battle. Anyway, well the Legendary Seven were suppose to protect the people, but instead they betrayed us. They became power thirsty like many other great leaders. They went to Margaret and asked her to give them her best warriors to defeat a brewing battle with demons. She gave them her best men, and they sacrificed them to the Lord of Darkness, turning them into warlocks.

"Before all of this happened, Margaret fell in love with one of the members of the circle named Maddox. After he betrayed her, he came to her exclaiming he still loved her, so she protected him and kept him in hiding. The Legendary Seven was temporarily maimed years after all of this happened. Maddox was vanquished by Margaret's daughter, who ironically was probably his daughter. It was restored by what was believed to be a necromancer. Now, we know she brought Maddox back to life."

Ross looked at me with eyes that held bitterness for my lineage. "So we are probably going to die all because your family wants to save criminals?"

Ellington spoke up for me. "Ross, she did it out of love. Margaret didn't know all of the death and chaos she would create in the future."

"Well, she should have know saving a demon would lead to thousands of lost souls. Now, we are all just going to end up like Aegus. Sacrificing our lives for a lost cause that we will never win." Ross yelled.

He stood up to storm off, but was stopped by a wall of concrete Rocky conjured up. "Ross, sit down. You haven't even heard the whole story."

"I can walk around this wall," he spat. "I don't care to hear the rest of it. She is probably just like the rest of them. She only wants to find love and doesn't care what happens to the rest of us. Is Riker really worth sacrificing eight lives?"

My voice shook the walls as a spoke up. "Ross, sit your ass down right now. I'm not dealing with your drama right now." Ross flew and landed on the couch.

Glass from a nearby display shattered leaving broken pieces all over the floor. Books and furniture went flying everywhere. A flying candle nearly hit Rocky right in the face, but he dodged it right in time. I couldn’t even keep track of everything that was happening. After a few seconds, everything became a spiraling blur. I lost sight of what exactly was going on in the room, but I knew it wasn’t good at all. Control of the situation seemed to slip out of my grasp as each second passed. I looked over and saw fear in the eyes of Rocky, Ross, and Ellington, but I couldn’t stop myself. I’d always been able to harness my magic, but now it felt like they were controlling me. Grabbing my head, I dropped to the floor with lost hope that it would all stop. Gently, I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. I turned to see one of the boys, but oddly enough it was Stormie.