Chapter 2

I walk into school, keeping my head low, trying not to make eye contact with anyone and make my way to Anna, my best friend since elementary school.

"Anna?" I whisper yell. "Bathroom. Now!" I grab her wrist and start towards the front entrance of the school.

After my little 'escapade' with my uncle, I noticed a huge red spot forming across my cheek where he slapped me which may or may not turn into a small bruise.

As we enter the bathroom I made sure the coast was clear and stood near the sink, pulling back my fiery-red hair to reveal a slowly forming bruise on my right cheek. Since I'm white as snow—thanks to being a ginger—the slightest touch shows up on my skin, it's so annoying. "Can you use your make-up magic to fix this?" I ask.

"Sara, what the hell happened?" Anna mumbles slowly as she tries to touch it. I wince. She shook her head and took out her make-up pouch, after, she started to dab on some concealer.

Anna was clearly the more "girly" friend, whenever you have a make-up or hair crisis you can always count on her to help you out. Since she was way darker than me, she always carried around my skin colour concealer for things like this.

"Can we talk about it later, we have.... 5 minutes 'till class and I don't want to be late." This was normal for us, whenever I had bruises from fights and what-not, the make-up artist, herself would always come to the rescue. It's kinda like our routine.

"Alright, all finished!"

I look into the mirror to see my finished face. "It's good as new, thanks!" I turn around to grab my bag that was laying on the ground and start out the bathroom door to only hear the bell vibrating in my ear.

First period's math class. I've never been good at math probably because I've never been good at concentrating but I have to push through it. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 8-years-old, I took medication for about 3 years but then I quit, it was messing with my appetite, making me lose weight I couldn't afford to lose and was messing with my sleep.

Ever since I was left on my own to take care of my brother, my education became a huge thing for me. I knew that I would never have enough money for college, so I'm working my ass off while I'm still in high school to possibly, one day, achieve a big-time scholarship.

I sit down in my usual seat near the back. This is probably one of the reasons why I can't concentrate, but, oh well, I like this seat and I'm sticking with it for the rest of the semester.

I'm always one of the first people in the class, I'm terrified to be late plus I don't do much around school anyways. I'm not in any clubs or teams because it will only distract me from my school work and I need school more than anything right now.

More people were coming into class, taking their seats when I noticed my favourite people in this school walking through the door. Their little group is extremely cliché, imagine mean girls with a little bit more of a bite. They were horrible and made me embarrassed to be classified as the same species as them.

There were two of them: Victoria and Amber. I must admit, they were both beautiful but all that beauty meant nothing compared to their ugly interior. They both had stone, cold, hearts and they didn't care who they hurt, they only cared about each other. They would mess with every guy and the guys wouldn't even care, they were too mesmerised by their perfect faces and boobs.

Victoria is the Regina George of the two. That blondie gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants. It doesn't help that she's extremely rich too and that her parents don't give a damn about who she's with and what she does. If you didn't know her personally, you'd think that she was a professional model; caked face, tall, skinny, summer glow and thick, wavy hair.