Chapter 4

"Fight, fight, fight, fight!" The crowd cheers.

"Who am I fighting today?" I ask Aaron who in a 'gang' I'm sorta apart of. We don't do any of those typical gang things, we didn't get tattoos to unite us, we don't go around on missions and we don't claim a territory. We are a group of people who decided to go up against other gangs in street fighting competitions.

Yes, this is illegal and risky for me, but it beats getting a part-time job.

"Him." He points to a lean guy who looks to be around 5'9". Since I'm 5'0", it helps me when I fight taller people, normally they'd get too cocky or go for the tackle which I can easily slip out of. But, I'm not going to lie, I'm not the best fighter, anyone over 6'0 and I don't stand a chance unless I have my knives with me, then that's a different story.

I go to step in the little ring that some guys made out of spray paint on the forest's floor. Barely anyone comes into this forest even though it's behind my school, we go out far enough for people to not see us. We aren't sketchy like some cities, we don't go underground to fight unless it's winter.

The guy enters the circle looking extremely confident and I take the time to look around and observe my surroundings. Over to my left, there's Amber and her Boyfriend, James with their gang—yes, she's a part of a gang too, but she doesn't fight—and to my right, there's... him—a man who shall not be named—staring right at me with his disgustingly beautiful grin. I knew he came back today, shouldn't have, but did. I was pissed about it.

"What's it gon' be guys?!" Rocko asks in a hyped-up tone. Rocko was the guy who organised this all. He had greasy black hair and was drenched in tattoos, apparently, they all had a sentimental meaning to him. He was also a leader of a gang, one of the most known in New York, they were called the 'Stains'.

"Let's do 80, 'aight?" The man in front of me slurs, bringing my thoughts back to reality.

"Alright," I agree and nod my head towards Rocko.

"You ready, midget?" He smirks showing off his yellowish teeth.

"Oh, you have no idea." I crack my knuckles while a devilish smirk plays across my face.

"Alright, alright, alright! Fight for 80 dollars." Rocko clarifies. "Alright, guys! Is everybody ready!?" The crowd screamed out, some people even riding on other's backs while they whistled to us. 

" 3," I clench my wrapped up hands into fists

" 2, " I take a huge breath

" 1, " I stand up straighter

"Fight!"

And the crowd went wild.

I start to bounce on my feet with my fists clenched tightly, holding them up near my head. Not going to lie, the adrenalin from this is pretty nice. The guy comes at me aiming to punch my head but I ducked to avoid it, not leaving before my foot makes it's way to his crotch.

I backed away from him to see the damage I did, he had his arm in the area where I kneed him, hunched over slightly so I took the opportunity to catch the guy off guard and kick him in the back of his knee, making him fall to the ground.

I take no time in kicking him in the stomach. Another thing I've learned from streetfighting, don't get on top of your opponent and start punching. I'm small, so easily my opponent can reverse our position and I'll be in trouble.

As I keep kicking him, I can't help the flashbacks swarming back into my mind from my uncle. It was the same movement he did, in the exact same position. My actions start to falter as I notice that my kicks were getting slower in softer.