Chapter 13

Ryan Higa as Aaron Gao

Don't forget to Comment and VOTE if you like it <3

___________________________________________

Sara's POV

"You steal from me, you pretend to be my friend, and you sell drugs?" He clarifies. "Jesus Christ, Sara, what's wrong with you?" He asks me, but not as furiously as I thought he would, instead it sounded strained, almost disappointed. We were currently sitting outside of his house on the porch, 

"For the last time, I told you I wasn't selling them! And I never pretended to be your friend, we are friends." I tell him, meaning every word.

He lets out a sigh in annoyance. "Then why didn't you tell me?" He straightens his back as he turns slightly to face me. "That's what friends do right? They tell each other things, so why didn't you tell me?" He says a little bit more angry this time.

"I-" I start, trying to find a reasonable explanation without giving everything away but I couldn't. I just can't find anything. "I don't know...." I shake my head of all my thoughts. "But how do you just expect me to trust you so easily? We weren't friends for that long! I don't know how it was back in California, but here... here it takes people a while to trust each other. So I'm sorry, alright? I'm sorry I'm not the friend you wanted." I finish off my little speech with a huff and start to calm myself down before I got a little too angry.

+     +     +

"The dinner was wonderful Mrs H- I mean, Maria," I tell her politely with a smile. It was truly the best meal I've had in years, I just wish that I could've given my brother some. She made some enchiladas which were these burritos smothered with sauce on top of them. I never had them before, but they were really good, not to mention, the smell of it still lingers in the room making me want more.

Jared finishes up by wiping the corners of his mouth with a napkin. "Sara, do you want to watch TV for a bit and study down here?" He asks.

"Oh, sure." I was a little bit uncertain if I should. I didn't want his parents to just watch us while we study; I've always hated people who shadow you.

Jared quickly went upstairs to get our books while I settle myself in the living room. Thankfully Jared's parents went back upstairs.

His living room was nice, it's what I expected it to be, although it was a little too dull for my liking. It was modern but simple and cosy, it had a nice grey, furry rug tucked underneath a long white couch decorated with black and gold pillows. There was also a decent sized black television with the news currently playing on it.

Hopefully, he doesn't mind that I changed the channel, I've always hated the news, I feel as if they're encouraging criminals to do what they do, that they're giving them credit in a way by saying their name on television. So I decided to change the channel to America's Funniest Home Videos instead.

Jared came back downstairs not too long after with both of our books and notebooks as we continue studying this god awful subject. But there was a plus side to it, there were funny videos that can entertain us so it wasn't that bad. 

Also, his company helped suppress my boredom.

I decide to call Aaron about halfway through our study session, to pick up my brother because I doubt that I'd be able to, I really just want to focus on studying today. So I quietly excuse myself to run upstairs to where my bag is and pull out my phone...