Chapter 21

Okay, I know that this is late, but I made it longer to make up for it :)

Jared's POV

2

3

Shot. 

1

2

3

Shot. 

It's been going in a repetitive motion for the past 6 shots. Hand goes up, head goes back, chugging the whole shots. She then waits 3 seconds and does another shot, then another, then another. 

This time, it has to stop. 

By her 8th shot, when her head flew back so did the rest of her body. I quickly went to her aid, kneeling behind her and locking my arms around her shoulders, slowly pulling her up and away from the crowd forming around her. 

"Let me go!" She whined while I kept dragging her. "Let me go you—you—you fucking asshole." 

I rolled my eyes and kept on dragging her while her legs were going crazy trying to escape from me; they reminded me of an octopus.

"Stop struggling, Dimples. I'm not letting you go," I demanded.

"Let me go or I'll—I'll scream," she slurs. She has got to be kidding me.

"Don't you dare."

She opens her mouth—wide this time—and before she can let out any noise, I quickly moved one of my hands upwards to cover her mouth. 

I ended up finding two bathrooms next to each other—which was not easy due to a number of people everywhere—and chose the one to the left because the one next to it was preoccupied with moans and screams. Disgusting.  

It was troublesome having to hold Sara's mouth, body, and open the door at the same time. "I wish I could grow a damn third arm," I mutter along with a string of curses as I finally got that stupid door open.

"You'd get banished," I hear Sara's soft, dreamy-like mumbles as I sat her upright against the white tiled wall. 

"What?"

"You'd be an imperfection. You'd get—get banished to the Fringes," she slurred while her eyes held a permanent squint. 

I stood back up and looked around the washroom for a cup. Do people not keep glasses in their washrooms? "The what? Fringes?"

"Yea, y—you know, the—uh—Chrysalids." She started to laugh maniacally; it started out soft until she ended up clutching her stomach while her face turned beet red.

"What's so funny?" I ask her while I continued to look for a cup. There wasn't any so I ended up just getting a mason jar filled with cotton balls, emptying it out, and filling it up with water. I handed it over to her.

"This is perfect," She laughed out. "Perfect."      

"What is?"

"Perrrrfect." 

"Here, Dimples, drink some water." I lift up the jar and motion it to her but she pushes is away frantically like a child.

"No, no. I can't hear, Jared."

The way she said my name made my heart skip a beat.

"I can think."

"You can always think," I tell her and try to give her the water again. She only refuses it.