Chapter 14

Tyree Jones|King

We haven't even made it to the highway as yet and Nelly's already knocked out. I spaced out due to being deep in my thoughts. I was knocked out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. I answered without looking at the Caller ID.

{Phone Convo Begins}

"Yo"

"Boy you must have lost your rabbit ass mind answering the damn phone like that "

"I'm sorry Nana "

"Don't be sorry be careful"

"Yes Ma'am"

"Anyways...I called to ask did your stupid ass father tell you about the reunion that's next Saturday"

"Yea Nana he told me about it"

"I better see you and your sister there, make sure that you bring Chanel with you as well"

"OK Nana I'll tell her about it and see if she's free to come"

"No boy, tell her that I said she better be there or we're gonna have problems"

"OK Nana I'll let her know what you said"

"Okay baby I have to go I love you, be safe in these streets"

"I love you too Nana, see you at the Reunion"

{Phone Convo Ends}

I was just pulling into my condo's complex when the phone call ended. I parked in my assigned parking space and turned off the car. I got out and went around to the passenger side of the car.

I was about to wake Chanel up but I decided against it and undid her seat belt and took her out of there car bridal style and carried her into the building. I took the elevator up to the 15th floor and used one hand to open the door to the luxurious condo that Tyra and I share. It has 3 bedrooms and four bathrooms.

I brought Chanel to my room, laid her on my bed then started to get undressed so I could go take a shower.

About 30 minutes later I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist then walked out of the bathroom and into my room to get dressed.

Chanel's no longer in the bed I guess she woke up while I was in the shower. I threw on some polo boxers, Nike sweat pants, a pair of black polo socks with a yellow horses and I didn't bother to put on a shirt.

I walked out into the hall and heard singing coming from the kitchen. I walked to the entrance to the kitchen and leaned on the door frame.

Nelle was in the process of singing and what looks to be taking out items to prepare dinner. I started recording her to put on Snapchat.

"Sing it best friend," I said after about 5 seconds of starting the video

She turned around looking kind of frightened then the video ended.

"King don't be scaring me like that, " she said placing a hand over her heart.

"What're you making?" I asked walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at one of the stools around the island.

"I don't know. I haven't really decided as yet" she said chewing on the inside of her cheek

"What do you feel for?" she asked after a few seconds

"Pasta?" I said but it came out more of a question

"How does Shrimp Fettuccine Sound?"

I nodded my head then she began to take out the things to make dinner. I told her I would be in the living room playing the game if she needs me.