Chapter 28

Tyra Jones|Cookie

The events of last night just won't leave my mind. It's like a video loop has been inserted into my brain and I just can't figure out how to make it stop. I've been thinking about Tia and everything she said last night and even though I feel as if I'm supposed to hate her, I don't.

I don't hate her at all. It hurts to know she left her own children just to raise someone else's kid but I don't hate her. I will say that I am disappointed though.

The way we met and the way things happened last night was never how I envisioned meeting her would go. She was so...cold. It's like she had no type of remorse and just didn't care about how her walking out of our lives affected us.

King acts like he doesn't care but I know my brother better than I know myself and he does. He just masks it better than I do with the hatred he developed for her over the years. I don't blame him though, why would you want to love someone who've never loved you? Exactly.

I was so deep within my thoughts I didn't even hear Chanel talking to me until she caught my attention by waving a hand in front of my face.

I looked up at her with a raised eyebrow

"You good T?" She asked with a look of concern

"Yea, I'm fine. Why wassup?" I responded as I looked up at her

"I've legit been talking to you for the last five minutes and you were just staring off into space. You sure you're good?" She stated with the same look of concern

"Yes Nelly, I'm fine. I promise." I said with a small smile

"What were you saying?" I asked with a raised eyebrow

"I was asking do you want to come with me to get a new phone and to go take Meek to get some clothes, shoes and all that good stuff"

"Yea I'm with it," I said getting up so I could go get ready.

I already showered not long ago so I just went upstairs and found something in my closet to wear. Nothing major just something simple, comfortable, and cute.

I decided to just throw on a PINK hoodie with a pair of blue jeans with rips in the knees. On my feet were a pair of black PINK fur slides.

When I got through with getting dressed I grabbed my phone off the bed and went downstairs

When I got downstairs Meek and Chanel was waiting on me. Chanel noticed I was ready so she got up and Meek followed then we left out of the apartment locking the door behind us and made our way to the elevator.

We rode the elevator down to the parking garage and then hopped into King's Range Rover since he drove his G Wagon today.

"Aight Meek where are we going?" Nelle asked as she adjusted the driver's seat after she started the car.