Chapter 17

Chanel Rhodes | Nelle
A whole week has gone by, it's now Saturday afternoon and we're on our way to King's grandmother's house for the reunion.

"I haven't seen Mama G in so long she's gonna kill me when we get to there," I  said

I'm riding with King, Cookie and Ace are driving behind us.

"She just might," he said with a light chuckle

Just then I got a text from my Mom.

<Text Convo>

Mommy😩💕: "Your dad and I are going out of town for a business trip we leave in about an hour, there's some extra cash on your Dresser even though you might not need it seeing that you have a card, you can have friends over but no boys that I've never met before or that you know I wouldn't approve of, we'll be gone for about a month. See you soon honey we love you 💜"

Chanel💜😍: "You guys be safe, I love you too😘"

<End Text Convo>
I sighed then locked my screen and placed my phone into my lap.

"You ok ShortStack?"

"Uhh...Yea I'm fine. Mom and Dad are going out of town for business again" I said chewing on the inside of my cheek

"How long will they be gone for? " he asked

"She said they'll be gone for a month this time, knowing them it won't just be a month," I said rolling my eyes and looking out the window

"So you'll be home by yourself for a month?"

"You ask like that's something new, their jobs have always been more important than anything else."

Just as I said that we pulled up to the house. I checked my Make-up then got out the car.

We waited for Ace, Cookie, and Jakia to pull up then we all walked inside together.

As soon as I entered I was greeted by the smell of food, we greeted a few family members then went into the Kitchen to look for Mama G.

I saw her fixing a cup of juice for one of the little kids that were running around. I walked over and gave her a hug next thing I know I'm getting whacked upside the head.

"Ouch Mama what was that for?" I asked

"Where have you been girl, I haven't seen you in forever, I've been asking King and Cookie for you for the longest "

"I know, I know I'm sorry. I've been a bit busy with school and stuff, I promise I'll start to show my face more"

"Mhmn you better or we're gonna have some serious problems"

She then hugged the rest of the Gang and gave Jakia a Cookie.

"Go out back and mingle with everybody"

We walked out in the back yard and there were kids in the pool, Pops was on the grill, Music was playing and it seemed as if everyone was having a good time.