Chapter 27

Chanel Rhodes|Nelle

"I guess that nigga don't love you as much as he claims huh sis?" Mel asked as she knelt down in front of me and took my chin between her thumb and pointer finger tilting my head up so I was looking directly in her eyes.

Cornell and Meek are also in the room.

Cornell is sitting on a chair looking amused and Meek is standing off to the side looking uncomfortable.

"It's sad that I'm gonna have to kill you, you're just so pretty," she said before kissing me. I didn't kiss back so she pulled away and looked at me.

I hawked and spat directly in her face which caused her to backhand me. She got up and wiped my spit off her face then started stomping me then all of a sudden I heard a lot of commotion and gunshots being fired.

She stopped to listen then all of a sudden Dre and Jay runs through the door.  When they saw Mel and Cornell they both had a look of confusion on their faces. Jay shot the chains off my hands and my ankles then he started fighting Cornell, Dre started fighting Meek and I started fighting Mel.

I dropped her and started stomping her out.

"Wassup sis? Where them hands at now? Bitch I told you I was gone stomp you until I see brain matter right? I keep my promises." I said as I kept stomping her in the head.

A minute or so goes by and King, Pops, and Tyra come to the room.

Pops fired a shot at the wall causing us to all stop what we were doing.

"Y'all start talking now," he said with a gun pointed at Mel and another pointed at Cornell.

I had my foot on Melanie's neck so I eased up and stepped back.

"What? Cat got y'all tongue or sum?"

Nobody said a word. That was until the lady I met as Rome's mother walked through the door.

"Same ole Kaine, you've always been so demanding," she said as she walked around, her heels clicking with each step.

When pops seen her face his face dropped then contorted into a look of confusion.

"Tia?"

"In the flesh baby," she said with a smirk as she stopped directly in front of him.

"Tia? as in the bitch that gave birth to us?" King said with one of the coldest looks I've ever seen him give to anyone.

She looked in between Tyra and Tyree then spoke.

"Awe.. look at my babies. You've both gotten so big" She said as she touched King's chin.

Tyra tried to run up but Ace grabbed her.

"Tia, what the fuck are you doing? You're the one behind all of this? Why, what did anyone ever do to you?" Pops asked a line of questions then paused so she could respond.

"Awe sweet, naive, Kaine. You really thought I just up and left you without reasoning and a backup? Back then you barely had enough money to put bread on the table and all you cared about was what the kids needed. You stopped caring about me and my needs. I was tired of settling for that so I found me a new man. A man who could provide for me sexually, financially and emotionally. Of course, he had two kids of his own but that was ok with me because I loved him. Two years go by and we had a baby of our own." she said as she looked over at Meek

"I admit at first it was all about the money but then I fell in deep. I loved him more than life itself. We were on top of the world all while you were coming up in the game. 16 years later Y'all were finally on the same level. He saw you as a threat and wanted to take you and your whole gang out. I for one didn't care, I stood behind him in anything he did but see Kaine you played your cards right. You were able to outsmart him. You killed the love of my life, the father of my kids. I knew if we took princess over there Tyree and Tyra would come running to her rescue. Your kids are your life Kaine, so I knew for a fact you wouldn't be too far behind them" She said as she tried to touch him but he stepped back causing her to smirk.