Love

Alec's POV
My best guess is that even though my father knows I'm here, he doesn't trust me enough to be watch Daisy on my own. Nicole is in the living room reading to Daisy again. That girl just keeps popping up...not that I mind it. She's very beautiful and that's saying a lot since I never call a girl that.
"My brother let me do his makeup once," Daisy says. Immediately, I run into the living room, almost slipping due to the rug.
"It was cause you were bored and I was tipsy," I say, mostly to Nicole who looks to care less for what I have to say. I sit down on the couch, looking at the pretty babysitter. "Where's your friend?" I ask.
"Some church event," she answers. Slowly shaking my head, she looks away from me. "Um, I don't really know how long I'm supposed to stay here since your here. Your father said that I should be watching you more than Daisy," she says. I can't help but groan out of irritation. When will I earn that man's trust?
"Well, I'm guessing until he gets back, but that could be while. Like, til eleven," I tell her. She looks at the clock, her face turning pale. "What's wrong?"
Our eyes meet. Hers are beautiful; hazel with the next one having a large gap of brown. Its something I know she must be self conscious about even though it's pretty. She notices my staring and looks away.
"Um, that's not gonna work. I can stay another hour then I can call your father and tell him I had to leave early. Hell understand right?" I shrug while nodding. She's always so tense around anyone. My glace goes down her arms and lands on her wrists where the fabric has lifted, exposing Ber copped skin.
It reminds me of my mom. When the cancer was getting bad she took self hard as a escape and when one of us would find her do it we would stop it. The dreams of her dying would keep her up at night and make her yell due to nightmares. She was stronger than she knew though.
"Um, so Raelee is hot," I say. Daisy gives me a grossed look just as Nicole does. That's her best friend I'm talking about so I wouldn't be surprised if she reaches up and punched me.
"Back off, she has a boyfriend​ that supposedly loves her very much," she says. Supposedly? Most girls swoon over the idea of love.
"What? You don't believe in love?" I joke. She gives me a serious look, her jaw tightening.
"Um, no I don't believe in it. At least that it could happen for me," she says. All I want to do is tell her I understand but she'll just think I'm trying to get her in bed by being nice. Her eyes now show pain and hurt ...too much hurt.
Daisy takes Nicole's hand. "Love is real, but comes in different ways. Some people don't even know when their in love and it takes year to know it. But, eventually it always come every now and then." My sister may be young but is extremely wise for her her age. Nicole smiles sweetly at her. Whoever is good to my sister I'm good with.
"Maybe," is all she says, pulling her sleeves down. It pains me to know that someone so young feels the need to cause themselves pain. Then again I'm technically doing the same with fights. Getting punches, kicked, choked, it's all a distraction from the pain but it also gives me the hurt in know I deserve.

AN: A long chapter is coming soon I promise. WHAT SIDE OF HIM DO YOU WANT TO SEE???? comment! Stay alive |-/ -Veah