Comfort

Nicole's POV
     The front door slams shut and Julius and Alec come in. Alec doesn't say a thing, just rushes into the bathroom. Its the middle.of the night and Raelee is fast asleep with her head on my lap.
     Alec comes back.minutes later and looks at me, his eyes softening. "Um, I'm so sorry about this," he says, trying to stop himself from crying it seems. I stand up carefully and take his hand, leading him to the garage. There's a punching bag in the corner and tools on various areas.
     "What happened?" I ask, looking at the blood that's in the cracks of his skin. He looks down at his shoes, a murderous look on his face. I step back out of fear; I've seen a certain man like this before and it never ends good for me.
      "Great, now your scared of me," he says, punching the bag. I flinch. Leaving would be smart, but its time to be a reckless teenager for once. His back his strong under my touch.
     "I'm not scared, just taken back. Talk to me, Alec," I say. He turns around and looks at me, his eyes and red from crying. "What. Happened?" I say spaced out. He shakes his head.
     "I-i can't tel-"
     "Yes you can. I've heard and seen worse things than this possibly could be," I say. He looks away, his jaw tense.
   "I, went and beat the hell out of that motherfucker that touched you," he says. I can feel the blood drain from my face. "When I was leaving, I seen someone beating Jules and I knew I had to defend him. The last thing I know is that he feel to ground and I didn't feel guilty for killing him. All that could focus on is the anger I was feeling. I fucking killed him!"
     I'm crying for him now. He's not the type of person to do this, I've seen who he really is. "They took us into station for questioning. They can't press any charges cause it was a form of defence. But it's still so fucked up. I could smell the alcohol on him, he was probably just drunk. He could have had a wife and a family. I ruined-"
    I hug him, letting him cry into my hair. Eventually he pulls away and looks down at me. Even handsome when he's crying. "What were you so mad about?" I ask. He runs his calloused hand down my cheek. I find myself leaning into his touch.
    "You. I was pissed off about what happened to you and I couldn't control myself," he says. Our eyes lock. He's not lying. Not using his charm. I smile a little.
     "You are not a murderer. I know what kind of man you are and its not what happened. You'll be okay," I say. He bends down and kisses me. I don't feel uncomfortable or pressured. My hands run though his hair. He just told me he killed someone and I'm puddy in his hands, I should be running away.
      ×××××××
    AN: HEHEHEHE yeah, that happened!!!! Please comment what side of him you want to see PLEASE!!! COMMENT!! Stay Alive |-/     -Veah