It Doesn't Bother Me Anymore

Nicole's POV
     The room suddenly feels smaller and suffocating once those words leave his mouth. He had cancer at five. God only knows if that will come back one day. He closes his eyes. "I went through the chemo. They didn't think I'd make it cause I was so young," he tells me. I run my down his face, looking closely at him. "Obviously they were wrong cause here I am."
     "Here you are," I say. He looks sad now. "What's wrong?" I ask.
     "Because I made this promise to you, I think you should know something," he starts. "With me comes no children. My father shot me just above my...you know and it did something. Honestly, I'm lucky to still have it. I feel bad cause your so good with Daisy and know that you probably want a family one day," he goes on go say.
    I place my pointer finger in his mouth, shushing him. He stops talking and look at me. "If one day, we really want a family, we can try. If that's doesn't work, we'll look into different things."
      ×××××××
                Alec's POV
     I was expecting her to get freaked out when I told her about my medical past, but she doesn't seem that way at all. My hand runs up and down her spine, naming goosebumps appear on her arms.
     "Thank you for I understanding," I say. She smiles and lays her head down on my chest. "You sure you still want to marry me one day?" She looks at me with a serious expression.
      "Nothing about your past or medical records could make me not want a life with you. I can't wait for the day I become a Santos," she says. I close my eyes and listen to the sound of her breathing.
     "Neither can I," I say. With that we fall sleep.
    ×××××××
        We walk into her living room. She's in my shirt and her leggings from yesterday. Jupiter and Damon sit there on the couch, looking at us with smirks. Groaning, Nicole runs up stairs.
     "How was your night?" Jupiter asks me with a smirk. I look at Damon. He's glaring at me, letting me know not to answer. It wouldn't be smart.
     "Eventful," I answer, hoping that's appropriate. He nods once. Nicole comes back down, in the same thing, but a bra on this time. Her father's eyes widen.
     "You fucking proposed!?! I like you and all, but you two are so young," he says. Thankfully, he's not trying to kill me. 
     "No. Its a promise ring," I tell him. He smiles at me and grips my shoulder.
     "Thank god I don't have to kill you," he says. I swallow thickly. He's probably one of the only people I'm actually scared of. He's my damn girlfriends father.
    "I wish you two the best of luck to getting to the real thing," Jupiter says. Nicole sits down next to her dad as fast as she can, closing her eyes. Damon gets up and goes to the kitchen for something.
     "Here," he says as he hands her a pills and water. She takes it and grips her pelvic area. She slumps over, passed out. I sit her up and stand up, picking her up. Her father rushes to get the keys.

an: COMMENT! Stay Alive |-/              -Veah