Your Alive

Alec's POV
      "Can you come with me? There's been noice complaints about a house. They think someone in there is being abused," Marcos tells me, twisting the wedding ring on Hus left hand. Him and Amery ended up getting together four years ago.
   I stand up and follow him outside of the station, getting in the car with a sigh. I haven't been the same since Nicole passed. I started fighting again, drowning my feelings in alcohol, just going back to old mean, careless self. One thing I haven't done like I used, I can't find it in me to touch another woman sexually.
     I've tried, I would only end up getting up and leaving. Nicole and I had something special that I don't think, hell want to find with anyone else. I can still hear the sound of her soft, voice, her touch. Everything.
     "Its out of town?" I ask. He nods as we cross the county line. We keep driving until we get to a small, obviously kid friendly, neighborhood. We get out and go to the house that called. They answer after a few hard knocks.
    A small, maybe five year old little boy stands there in a yellow sundress. I squat down to her height and look her in the eyes. "Is your mommy and daddy here?" I ask softly. She nods hesitantly, she seems nervous. "Nothing's wrong with them, we just need to ask a few questions," I tell her. She turns around and goes back into the house.
    "Since when are you good with children?" Marcos asks me. I stand up straight and side eye him like an idiot.
    "If you've forgotten I have a little sister," I say rolling my eyes. A couple comes over to the door. "We're here about the notice complaint. Can you tell us what the sounds are like that sound like abuse?"
     The man clears his throat. "Screaming, loud cries of what seem painful," he says. Marcos smirks. "I tried telling my wife here that it could just be someone having....intercourse, but it actually does sound like someone is in non pleasurable pain." I nod and look over at Marcos.
     "We'll go check it out," he says. I look down at the little girl that's now standing between her parents and smile.
    "It was nice meeting you," I say kindly. She smiles and waves. I wish Nicole and I would have at least been able to try for a child. She would have made a great mother and hopefully I would have been a good father. But with what my dad did to me as a child and her surgeries, it would never work.
     Marcos knocks on the door loudly of the house, waiting for an answer. All we hear is the kids playing at the next house overs front yard. Suddenly, a loud shuffle comes from the inside, followed by a curse.
     There is no answer though, instead we hear the door lock. Marcos and I look at each other, thinking the same thing. I knock again. This time talking comes. Marcos walks to the side of the house to check for any other entrance way. When he comes back he shakes his head.
    Groaning, I take large steps back before charging shoulder first for the door. The lock breaks as well as the henge's, making the door fly open. There's not much in here, just a couch, no TV.
    Marcos and I draw our guns from its place and hold it out in front of us, not setting the bullets. He gestures for me to go up the stairs. I nod and go yo as quiet as possible. There's only one bedroom and the door is closed.
     I knock loudly, hoping that this person will save themselves some trouble. Nothing. I open the door and walk in. There's a bed with just a single blanket and a outfit in the corner.
    I walk over and look down to see what gender clothing they are; but never assume gender...trust me a lot of shit happened when I was trying to have sex with other people. I set the shirt back down that is female and look around again. My eyes meet with a closet. 
     I stand up and make my way over there. Fastly, I open the closet, side stepping it to see while flashing my flashlight. Nothing again. Marcos comes in and shakes his head.
            Nicole's POV
    Mr.Century holds the gun to my head, trying to keep quiet. I close my eyes, for some reason calm. "Will you pull the trigger already?" I ask. He tights his grip on my right arm.
      "You would like that wouldn't you?" He whispers. I nod slowly. He sets the bullet. The door swings open.
              Alec's POV
      Marcos slams in the bathroom door. I walk in, gun still pointed out, and pull the curtains back. In feel like passing out or getting sick. But all that comes is intense anger.
      Nicole has her back pressed against my father, gun to her head and eyes closed, calm for some reason. A tear rolls down her face, breaking my heart. "Stand!" Marcos yells. My father stands up, bringing Nicole with her. My eyes meet hers. I want to cover is bare body and hold her close. Protect her. Just have her again.
      "Took you long enough," he says, smiling evilly. His hand trails down Nicole's waist. "Put your gun down," he orders me. Nicole's eyes show pleading of some sort. Instead of listening to his order, I fire the gun, hitting her in the shoulder.
     She yells out in pain. Marcos sets his gun and fires, hitting him in the leg. He falls, dropping his gun but bring her with him. His arm is wrapped around her neck, chocking her. I fire again, hitting him in the side of his neck. His grip loosens, letting her breath. She shoots up and rushes to me. I wrap my arms around her body.
     She's alive.
  "Get her out, I'll call in," Marcos tells me, a sympathetic look on his face. I help her walk out, making sure to put pressure on the wound. I bring her into the room first to get the blanket and wrap her in it.
      "I'm not imagining you here," she says, breathing heavily. I press my lips to her forehead. She relaxes.
      "I'm never letting you go again."

AN: He has her back. Comment something you want to see with them in the next/last chapter!!!! Stay alive |-/            -Veah