Leave

Nicole's POV
"Congratulations," I tell my aunt who is now married for the fourth time. She smiles brightly at me as I do back. Its been fake again. The nightmares have returned.
"Thank you hun. Its too bad your father couldn't come," she says. I shrug. Her dress is beautiful, fits her body at the right angles, falls to the floor, has lase sleeves.
"He's been very busy," I add. She nods and looks around us. My smile walks over and takes the spotlight like she always does.
I walk away and go back to the table I was at before. My old best friend, Sirius, walks over and sits next to me. Our eyes meet and we just start laughing. "We only see each other at her weddings now," he says. I force a smile.
"That's true," I say. He smiles at me as he stands up, offering me his hand. I stand beside him and let him lead us to the dance floor. He takes my hand and while the other grips my waist. We sway back and forth.
"So, how's Marlene?" I ask. He shakes his head, smile disappearing. "No!" He nods. "I warned you about her. She would sleep around with everyone."
"Its whatever," he sighs. He did really like her. We would talk for hours on the phone and he would always brag about their relationship and how much he loved her. Its not fair that she did him so wrong.
××××××××
It seemed a lot farther of a walk than I thought it would be. The sun is now setting. Sirius nudges my shoulder when we get to the front yard. "Seriously, we are getting together and doing something soon. I'm going to put a smile on that pretty little face of yours," he says.
I laugh. "You've been making me smile most of the night. For the first time in a very very long time its real. And try not to beat yourself up over what happened," I tell him.
"I know. It just feels like she was the only one seen me as a hot b-"
"Your very attractive; any girl can see that. If I can, and I'm the blindest person that's ever lived, someone else can. She was a bitch always," I tell him. He throws his head back.
"I knew you would cuss, you Sailor," he says. I blush. He bends down and kisses my forehead. I feel just as relaxed in used to be with him. Someone clearing their throat pulls him away.
Alec stands there, hands black again with oil from the car. He looks mad. "Hey," he says flatly to me. I force a smile. Why is like this now?
"Well, I should get going. Call me you, sexymotherfucker," Sirius says. He used to call me that cause of something I forgot. I nod and hug him.
"Saturday?" I ask. He nods and walks away. I look back at Alec. "Still working on this?" I ask. He shrugs and goes back to the engine. I walk over and place my hand on his back. "What's wrong?"
"I don't know? Maybe I just seen some boy kissing my girlfriend," he says, obviously mad. I step back and make my way inside. I've learned better than to talk go someone when their mad.
Not even a few seconds later he knocks on the door. I open it and let him him. "Who was he?" I stay quiet. "Great." Does he think I'm cheating.
"My old friend, Sirius Kingsley. I don't get to see him all that much anymore for..reasons. I don't know what you think you saw," I say hesitantly. This would usually get me a beating.
"I see him kiss you," he says. "I guess from your point of view its okay to go out with other people like you did today. So I guess its okay for me to tell you that I made out with my old friend today."
I have to blink back tears. "I went to my aunts wedding and he's a family friend. Like a brother. He kissed by forehead, that's formal in my family," I say. He now looks ashamed. "But if you were getting bored, go ahead and be who ever that was." I try going up stairs.
"I'm sorry. I'm just stressed out," he says. I look back at him. I'm tired of not standing for myself.
"So that makes it okay to cheat?" I ask sourly. "Why not talk about it-"
"Like you talked to be before you tired killing yourself? You should have died, maybe this would be a lot easier!" He covers his mouth. "I didn't mean that. Let me explain-"
"Leave. I don't want to see you right now. We can talk tomorrow," I say. He reaches out for my hand, but I pull it back. "Leave."
He starts for the door but turns around and comes back. His lips pressing to my forehead. I can't help but lean into his touch. That hurt like a thousand knives what he said. He pulls back. "Bye."

AN: I'm sorry...no I'm not. COMMENT WHAT SIDE OF HIM YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!! stay alive |-/ -Veah