Chapter 6 - human smile

"I'm gonna go get my things" You said eating the last piece of your waffle and heading up to your room. Their voices were silenced since you left the room. Toby was ever so quiet and well Jane was as friendly as ever! You reach into you dresser and pull out your phone. Now this was definitely something you were never expecting. Showing people around the town that was definitely something you never ever thought you were ever going to do and with fellow classmates might I add. You sigh walk out of your room into the hall and downstairs to the living room.

" okay I guess I'm ready to go..."
" you look adorable!" Jane said 

You could tell Toby was trying his best to not make any eye contact. What's up with him? You all walk into town As you walked by stores and waited for Jane to buy stuff you noticed that Toby was eyeing couples and sighing. 

"Uh....you okay?"
​"Huh?!​​​​​" 

He flinched and turned his attention to you

"Y-yeah I'm f-f-fine"

He awkwardly walked to his family. 

"Okay?" you raise an eyebrow. You in time passed by another store. 

"Hey I gotta buy some bandages hope you don't mind"
"Nah go ahead" Jane replied
"We can wait" said Tim
​"Sure thing​​​​​" Said Brian
​​​​​​".....okay" Toby said silently

You go inside and buy some bandages and bandaids. But the back door is...open? You wander over and see a dog with a human smile is is wagging it's tail. He approaches you and licks your hand. 

"Awww" You coo

The dog takes hold of your bag full of bandages and runs out the back door. 

"H-Hey!" You chase after him " give that back!"