Chapter 32 - Jaw drop (part 2)

As you open up the paper you recognize this writing. You reach back into your mind and remember that one day in class. You remember passing notes in class with Toby. Did he seriously keep the paper? You look on the bottom of the page and see neat handwriting. Toby's eyes widen and he quickly swipes the paper away.

"Toby!" you pout "I wanted to read that"
"I um its" he studdered "you al-already know what it says"
"Alright fine"

You sit in a chair

"Come on toby you said you wanted to study, so lets study"
"Heh heh s-sorry" he chuckles and shoves the paper into his pocket.

A few hours pass and its almost time for dinner. You check the time and see you've missed a call from you mom and a few texts asking how the studying was going. That was at 4 and now shes demanding you come home.

"Uh" you stand up "I have to go home"
"What? Why?"
"My mom" you sigh "I missed a few calls and shes mad"
"Ah i know the feeling"

You grab your things and place them into your bag and make your way to the exit.

"Hey uh y/n"
"Yeah?" you turn around
"What do you really do at your job?"
"What are you taking about?"
"I...." he hesitates "nevermind" he seems to regret his choice words

He walks you to the door and the two of you wave as you leave. The next day after school you rush into work. You run into the janitor's closet first seeing if it was empty. It was indeed empty. You shut yourself in the closet and put your key into the key hole. Surprisingly it fit. You turn the key to the left and open the door after taking back the key.

Now it isn't a hall outside this door. Its a forest (see in picture) you look around and shut the door and look around. This forest was very lightly colored. Thin trees had been planted along with lavender. The sun shined bright and there was a dirt path leading down for a few minutes.

About five minutes later the path leads to a black door. You approached the door and set you jacket and backpack. You play your music and put in your earbuds.

You open the door and you see the stone walls of the building you walk inside and shut the door. You walk over to Zalgo's office. Before you can knock the door opens. You walk in and see your boss in his chair. He snaps his fingers and poof! A small cloud of smoke. As is clears away you see a clipboard in your hands. You nod your head and get to work.

You walk into the area for the willing fighters. You read out loud orders.

"Ben Drowned please head to fighter entrance A, Jane the killer and Ticci Toby follow me"

You look up and see Ben walking down a hall to his match and Jane and Toby are already approaching you.