chapter 43 - entry task

You're in a room, a fancy one. The walls look elegant and luxurious  curtains drape along the window's walls.

"Where...am I?" you question the air around you

You hear chatter outside of the dark room. You press your ear against the wall.

"Hm. . . . Sounds familiar" you tell yourself

It wasn't your friends. You hear the rustling of a door knob being turned. As you look at the source its already too late the door is opened and you see the infamous Jeff the killer.

"Fuck" you whisper
"Well, well, well" he walks in the room "looks like you're the newbie huh?" he reached into his back pocket and pulls out a walkie-talkie.
"Hey guys" he talks to the small device
"Yeah?" a voice answers
"What is it" another says
"We got fresh blood" Jeff says
"A new one?" one of the voices ask
"Yeah, start the test and make sure everyone is ready" Jeff says

He slides the device into his back pocket.
"Okay, you heard me" he says reaching into a different pocket of his "it's nothing personal"
"What the hell are you talking about?" you demand

He doesn't even answer he walks to the middle of the room. There is still a good distance between the two of you. He pulls out a large kitchen knife from the pocket be reached for. He points it at you.

"Ten" he starts
"Nine"
"Fuck" you curse
"Eight" he continues

You run to the door he came in. Its unlocked and you quickly escape the first room. Strange he isn't chasing after you, why?

"Seven" his voice gets further away as you run
"Six"
"Five" you can just barely hear him

This place is a maze and honestly you're terrified.

You could hide
No he would find you
Escape this place maybe?
But how, you don't even know where you are!

You see through the hallway windows. Its darker then earlier. You find a sense of relief as you notice that there is a forest outside. You highly doubt that this is a different forest.

You finally see it, stairs.
"These must lead somewhere!" you thought to yourself
You stride down the stairs and see Eyeless Jack at the bottom of the steps. He spots you and chases after you.

"Show me what you're made of new blood!" he shouts

Danger

Your heart races out of fear. Who will save you now? The gem feels warm on your chest as you run. You look down and see its green and slowly turning into a purple. Whatever the colors meant it was trying to give you a heads up. You look up and see that you are too late to stop Eyeless Jack. The lunges at you with a scalpel and it cuts your cheek. Blood slowly drips from the cut. You turn around to face him and you see him smirking. He kicks you and you fall. As you tumble down the stairs you see him pull out a walkie-talkie like the one Jeff had. He says something into it but you can't hear him.

When you finally collect yourself after falling you run. No thought process you just run. As you run through the hall you see a pale figure. Snow white skin and jet black hair dark as the night outside. The figure pushes you into a room and you hear a click after it shuts. You reach desperately for the knob. You attempt to turn it however you find it hard to do so.

"Its locked" you tell yourself
"Y/n?" you hear from behind

You turn around and clench your fists to ready yourself.

"How do you know my name!" you ask sternly

There is a figure standing in the shadows. The voice it used was extremely familiar

"Y/n, is that really you?" the figure in the dark room approaches slowly "oh my god it is"
"Toby..." your hands relax, you feel safe.

Author's note-
Oh damn 666 words!