Chapter 44 - Change part 1

"Toby..." your hands relax, you feel safe.

He slowly approaches you in shocked silence. He's nearly a foot taller than you. A tool belt holds onto the hatchets he was known to keep. His hand reaches out for you, kind and gentle.

"Y/n...I wanted to tell you but I-"

You take a step back

"So I was right" you weakly smile "you are him"

"Y/n please, let me explain"
"No, no, y-you might...might k-k-kill me" you back away
"I would never"
"You're a creepypasta, you kill on his order"
"That may be true, but" he pulls out a key "you're not the only one who made a deal with him"

You approaches the door and processed to unlock it

"You now know our public lives" he unlocks the door "we agreed to help you out for the test"

He pulls out a hatchet before opening the door and holds it tight.

"You 'attack' me, get away, and escape,  the others are out there Jane will keep them busy while Masky and Hoodie will guide you out of here"

He holds out his hatchet and sighs "The things I do for..." he shakes his head and braces himself.

His grip on the handle and smashes the back end of the hatchet. (Or the unsharpened part of the blade). His forehead starts to bleed.

"G.....go" he mumbles as he falls
"Toby!" you shout dropping to his side.

You hands shake as they lift up his head and place it into your lap.

"Toby you dumbass" you whimper

You check his pules, still alive. His bleeding won't stop. You take one of his hatchets and cut off the sleeve of your shirt. You tightly wrap the cloth around Toby's head. You couldn't just leave him here! You help him to his feet and put his arm around your neck and over your shoulder.

"Okay, Okay, okay, okay, okay" you repeat "fuck what do I do?!" you whisper