chapter 65 - the end

After Toby gathers himself he smiles and chuckles to himself. His fingers find their way to your hair and attempt to untangle your hair. You lean into his chest and relax. This feels all so normal and simple.

Your mind drifts off and next thing you know the two of you slept in until two in the afternoon.

"Hey" Toby lifts up your chin
"Hey" you smile back
"We should really get up"
"Hm" you mumble "fine"

You sit up and stretch as Toby pops his neck.

"Ouch?" You question?
"Doesn't hurt" he smirks

You giggle and head to the kitchen. The two of you make Idle chitter-chatter. That is until you get to the kitchen. There's a laughter blasting about. Laughing jack is showing his phone to Ben and Eyeless Jack.

"Will you guys quiet down?" Toby growls

The three of them go silent look at the two of you them back at the phone and burst back into laughter.

"Oh for the love of- give me that!" Toby take the phone and sees a picture of you laying in bed with Toby.

"Ever heard of privacy you bleached clown?"  Toby taps the screen and tosses it back to Laughing jack.
"You ass hat!" He yells
"What he do?" Eyeless Jack asks
"He deleted my blackmail!"
"Serves you right" Ben snickers
"Ahem!" A voice echoes and everyone flinches

Your heads turn to the source and find slender man arms crossed and tapping his finger on his arm.

"You three out"
"Yes sir" they all shout as they flee

He sighs and keeps his sights on you.

"Y/n, your welcome here wasn't all that I expected but now that you have left Zalgo you must know that he will come after you. However I have noticed that his people don't even know you are here"
"But how?" You ask
"The gem, once we removed it all your connections to Zalgo were cut"
"At least he doesn't know where you are"
"This means you are staying with us"

You nod already knowing you agreed to this before.

"We will set up our cover up lives in another city somewhere else. This means you will as well"
"New school, new name, new life" Toby adds
"We will set this all up to start new lives next week"

You nod

"As of right now you will stay safe at home until I think you're ready for a real mission" he turns away "You will be training under Jane until further notice"
"What about me?" Toby asks
"I know the two of you are somewhat" he clears his throat "involved with each other but rest assured y/n is not going anywhere. However I expect you both to function normal while apart"
"H-hey I didn't mean it like that"
"You are one of us now no matter how much the others tease you, you belong here y/n"
"Thank you"

You turn to see Toby blushing and embarrassed. I'm home you think to yourself

"Is this really it? The end everything is just...okay now? I find it hard to believe but somehow I'll accept it" you think

Author's note:
Wow this fanfic came a really long way! I started this story years ago and now I'm finally finishing it! Thank you all so much for reading it! Please check out my other stories too!