Chapter 7 - the pit

You chase after the dog as he runs off with your newly bought items. You chase him for so long you almost give up! As soon as the two of you reach the end of town you see a deep dark hole up ahead. People have said that what ever goes in NEVER comes back. There was even a small legend about it. It was said that only powerful beings could come back from the pit and even somethings. It was said the pit led to other worlds or even heaven or hell. The dog was running strait for it!

​"You idiot! You might die if you do that!​​​​​"

You may be a huge loner that doesn't like many people but that doesn't mean you don't care if someone dies! The dog jumps down the hole and with your items too. You ran over to the edge and tried to look over and see if the dog was alright but obviously you couldn't see. You waited to hear a noise meaning the dog had met the ground but there wasn't...

"Well, well, well, you're late for the party" a voice greets
"What?" You turned around to see no one but thin air.
"Over here little lady" it calls again

You turn around again and see a figure walking over to you. It a man he's well dressed and he's looks to be very popular judging from his looks.

​​​​​​"How did you?" You look back at where you were previously looking and where the man was.
"I threw my voice" He chuckled " hope it didn't frighten you"
"Well yeah it did!"
" My apologies miss"

He walks over to the edge of the pit, he leans over at a safe point.

"Ah, the bottomless pit, nothing ever comes back from it...too bad, so many people lost their lives trying to see if it was really bottomless." He sighs "Almost nothing ever comes back out of it"
" Uh yeah, I know"
"Just like death" He smiles

'​DID HE JUST SAY DEATH?!'​​​​​ you thought

"Like death?" You questioned him
"Yes, now I saw you chasing a dog that jumped sown here. Did I not?"
"um yeah he took a bag of bandages that I recently bought from a store"
"would you like to save the creature?"
"I...." you looked down the pit "yes, but how?"
"I've been watching you recently, you seem like a special girl y/n"
"Yeah that's doesn't seem shady at all"
"I don't mean it like that however, there is a reason to why you're so.....how do I say it? Fragile, might be the word"
"I'm sorry you must be be thinking of someone else, I mean I'm not special"
"Oh my dear, that's where you're wrong" his hand gently holds your chin and tilts your head up "You are very special" He smirks a smirk that would swoon so many women. "I trust you'll come back"
"But..." you tried to find the words " I know I'll die...I'm not special at all"
"Come back with good results like a good girl"
"What do you m- hey what are you doing?!"

He pushes you into the pit and the light of day slowly disappears with the darkness of the pit.