Chapter 3- Hatred

Zoe Deutch as Nova Forbes
||
"Kane! Kane! Please come back to me, stay awake," I cry shaking him. His eyes are slowly closing, he's slowly giving up but he needs to stay. When he's gone I have no one.

He stays completely silent, a tear trails down my cheek and it falls onto his face. He doesn't move, "I hate that you're hurting. I hate that I can't do anything about it! Kane please don't leave, I'll have no one." He stares at me, he musters up a weak smile.

"I'll always be with you somehow Willow, always and forever that's our motto, right?" I shake my head a laugh between a sob coming out of my mouth, the tears are still falling then new ones form.

"No idiot, it's always and 60 years. We won't live forever. This isn't The Originals," he chuckles, but then he stops. "I love you."

"I love you too Willow," he whispers, his eyes close and I still. I shake him shouting his name, but it sounds distant. No. I have no one. No!

"WILLOW!" My eyes open and I jolt awake, salty fat tears are running down my face and I'm sweating. I look next to me noticing Valentino. The psychopath. He did this. He killed him, he put me through so much pain; HE IS THE ONE! I scramble away from him and he tries reaching for me but I scream at him to leave me alone.

"GO AWAY! I HATE YOU! You did this to me! You made me like this!" Pain is something I'm not good at handling. I've felt so much but it just gets too much, like when my parents died- I couldn't deal with it, it was like I was suffocating and everyone around me was able to breathe fresh air and live. Nothing stopped the pain. Nothing will ever really stop the pain.

He looks torn, "What can I do to?" He whispers softly, my hiccups are loud. He turns on the light and grabs me hands, no I don't want him touching me.

"Don't you get it? I hate you. You killed my brother! You killed him, cold murder with no regret. And now?" I let out a bitter laugh, "NOW I HAVE NO ONE!" I kick around trying to get the anger out of me. "I hate feeling like this!" I scream.

"Hate feeling like what?" He runs a hand through his brown silky hair and bites his lip.

"I hate feeling so helpless, I hate feeling like the whole world is collapsing around me and yet again I'm drowning, drowning," the tears don't stop and I don't think they will. It's like before I was in shock and now it's settling into me that he's really dead and there's nothing I can do about it, I can't go back into time for peeps sake! Do you know that feeling in your heart too? Where it hurts so much and there's a physical pain there that you didn't think was possible. You press your hand on your chest trying to ease the pain but it doesn't go away.

"Drowning?" He mutters to himself, he frowns and pulls me to him. I don't have the strength to try and get him off me, to escape him. So I let the man that killed my brother- the only family member I had left, hold me tightly.
||
Arms are tight around me, holding me protectively and almost strangling me. I blink my eyes open and look at the arms, tattoos cover the masculine arms and hands and two rings sit on his right hand. Memories of last night come rushing back to me, I try to calm myself with some steady breathing and closing my eyes trying to think of anything else. Why would I let him touch me? I'm disgusted with myself, repulsed.

That's the worst thing I could possibly do! Kane keeps coming back to me, all I can think about his his body laying on the ground in his own blood. Kane was a good guy, he didn't deserve this. Why is Valentino sleeping in my bed? Well it's his but I'm sleeping in it...Like he could have walked out after I fell asleep so I could wake up in a bed to myself without the man who killed my older brother.