Chapter 39- The dam

Valentino' pov

Valentino' pov.
I open my eyes and look around straight away at my surroundings. Momentarily I forget where I am but then I remember and look down at Willow who is laying on my chest. Her whole body is on me, she's laying flat on her stomach and her head is on her hands which are on my chest.

So cute.

Why would an angel like her want to be with a monster like me? I sigh and sit up trying not to wake her. I move her body sideways and lift her bridal style then place her back down, she stirs and yawns then stretches and then stays still. I walk out of the house grabbing my packet of cigarettes, once I'm outside I light it up and put it in between my lips.

Blowing out a puff of smoke, I hear footsteps and immediately know who it is. After her confession last night, I was surprised that Zac would do something like that. And why would she let him? "Why do you let everyone stomp over you and control your life?" I ask staring out at the land but not turning around. She doesn't reply, she comes to stand next to me and looks up at me. I drop the smoke onto the ground and stomp on it. Finally she replies to me.

"Val, I don't exactly have a choice," she replied softly and looks down for a moment then looks up at me again.

"The marriage may be fake but the feelings are real." I mutter looking down at her, it's obvious they both like each other but because he forced her into this; it's ruining their chances with each other. "You like him," I cock my head to the door and she sits down on the chair.

"No!" She says quickly making me smirk, she's definitely lying. "He forced me into this, he threatened me and my family, he made my life a living hell. But, he protected me, he cared for me, he made sure everything was fine, he stopped the bullying; how can I hate him? How can I after being with him for so long and he hasn't been completely terrible? After all I'm just a girl and he's a boy so naturally unwanted feelings come."

Not always, but I guess she has a point. When a girl and a boy love together, they fall in love eventually. Unless they're brother as sister of course. I nod slowly, "so you're practically saying that you like like him. Not just like but like like." She bites her lip looking away then looks at me again and nods slowly.

"Unfortunately, I do." She shrugs and looks inside at him, love in her eyes and a sad smile on her face. In attempt to change the topic of the conversation, she brings up Willow. "You love Willow though," I look inside and stare at her small frame. She is so beautiful. Her chest rises and falls as she sleeps peacefully.

"Of course I do," I admit softly. How can you not love Willow? She's kind and beautiful. We've gone through thick and thin together.

"Why do you smoke when you realise you're hurting yourself and her, she obviously doesn't want you to smoke," she raises an eyebrow.