Chapter 17- The wedding

1 week later

1 week later

"C'mon Willow, we have to go!" Valentino shouts, trying to get me to hurry up yet again. An irritated noise rumbles in my throat and I pack away the matte beige lipgloss that I was putting on. Stumbling out of the bathroom in these ridiculous heels that are a champagne colour as well, I question myself how I'm going to walk in these the whole time. I'll probably take them off.

I'm glad that the bottom half of the dress is loose and not tight, I'd probably get strangled wearing a tight dress. My hands grip the banister as I slowly descend the staircase, I look down to see Valentino standing there looking all clean and tidy. He is wearing a simple black and white suit, he checks his Rolex watch then looks up straight towards me. His eyes widen and I stop once I've reached the bottom of the steps. He takes a step forward and I take a moment to check him out, wrong or not I don't care.

"You....." he clears his throat and shakes his head to himself. "You look absolutely stunning," he finishes his sentence and grins, I smile shyly and look down. My hair falls around my face and he chuckles lifting my chin up so I'm looking at him.

"Thank you," I finally reply, he nods and grabs my hand. Valentino drags me out of the house and opens the car door for me, I sit down in the passenger seat. Once he closes the door, he runs around the front of the car and gets in the drivers seat. He backs out and begins the ride to the beach, the place where the wedding will be held.

After a ten minute car ride of silence we both arrive, I open the door in anticipation and look around. It's a bright sunny day, the water is a dark blue and the waves are crashing onto the sand bank. From a distance away, people are swimming and or trying to get a tan. But they are most likely going to skin cancer. Valentino chuckles when I waddle down the stairs then growl angrily, stepping out of my shoes and holding them in my hand. It's not like anyone will see that I'm not wearing heels.... or shoes for that matter.

Some people have arrived, the bride and groom are obviously getting ready at this very moment. I see two white tents, one saying bride and the other saying groom. They are separated from each other so the bride or groom doesn't try and get a sneak peek. All of the chairs that are set up are white, the alter is also white with fairy lights and flowers hanging around the alter. The floor isn't a mass of sand, it is in fact those puzzle brick things that I was talking about. But some sand from people's feet will most likely spread on the ground they have set up. Then the after party will be held somewhere else so no sand gets in the food. Don't want to eat a mouthful of sand, am I right?

"I'm going to go and see Nova," I tell Valentino then leave before he can reply. I barge through the tent, holding my heels in one hand. She looks at my reflection in the mirror that she is looking into while the hair stylist does her hair. "Nova, darling!" I exclaim in glee, she grins and waves at me.