Chapter 40- I like you

"I love it how you just plan a sleepover without my permission, cause you know? I always have time for that stuff," he sarcastically says with a roll of the eyes

"I love it how you just plan a sleepover without my permission, cause you know? I always have time for that stuff," he sarcastically says with a roll of the eyes. I smile at him and pat his arm gently.

"You're welcome! Claudia hasn't met Nova yet, which she needs to and it's a public holiday today so there couldn't be a better day than today!" I exclaim. He sighs and reaches over and places his hand on my thigh. My eyes zone in on the hand, I don't say anything; I just stare. Does he realise what he just did? Cause I'm not positive that he does realise.

"You could have informed me earlier so I was more prepared, I had things going on tonight but I guess I'll have to cancel," he sighs and takes his hand off my leg and uses it to rub his face.

"For me?" I blink at him trying not to smile. He briefly looks at me then grabs my hand gently, intertwining our fingers. I try not to comment on his 'dangerous' acts.

"I'd do anything for you."
                                           ||
We get out of the car, I look over at Claudia and gesture for her to come over to me. She skips gleefully to me, we hook our arms together and begin to walk inside. "Why hello there," I hear Nova's voice coming from the couch; there she is in all her glory. She smiles at me and hugs me then looks at Claudia whom is staring , "you must be the Claudia Miller, am I right?"

Claudia blinks then grins, gesturing to herself. "In the flesh." She hugs Claudia as a greeting. "It's nice to meet you!" Claudia exclaims.

"It's nice to meet you too," Nova replies. she replies. Nova looks behind us and grins waving, I zone out after that. I watch as the guys introduce themselves to Claudia, and she doesn't seem to care one bit that they are gang members.

"It's funny how you don't even care that they are gang members," I voice my thoughts with a chuckle.

"That doesn't really matter to me. It doesn't define who they are, maybe except for you..." she points at Titus whom doesn't look impressed with the glare he's giving her. "You should know that I've been through way worse than a creepy gang member glaring at me," he scowls and rolls his eyes. "Seriously dude. Just because you have a cold face on doesn't make you cold, you will always change for that one person," I look at Val who is playing a game on his phone. He looks so concentrated, how can he not have a double chin when looking down? Now this is bothering me.

"Let's eat!" Zac exclaims, they all holler and walk to the dining room. He also makes Val get distracted from his game and look up- straight at me. I shake my head and walk inside.
||
"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Everyone in the room is chanting apart from Nova and I. Aidan and Landon are at it again, their fighting never stops. Nova and I are both frowning, none of us are a fan of violence. Claudia looks over at us and comes and sits down, I look at her.