31 ; Baby, You Could Devastate Me

*NOT MY BEST CHAPTER SORRY :(*

|Questions of The Chapter|: —Do you guys know where to find HQ gifs of Emeraude Toubia as Isabelle Lightwood (AKA Odessa)? I've searched Tumblr like 765 times and they've always got the same gifs, and I've already searched for gif hunts. I just need a new source. Thanks guys :) 

—How's the weather where your from? Here in California it's beyond crazy and my house started flooding, and part of my roof was torn off. It was a stressful day.

—What was the last song you listened to? Sunset Lover by Petit Biscuit 

—I'm so excited for you guys to see the second book 'Haunting'! @idkmstiles made my cover (once again and I fucking love it) and I've got the playlist, epigraph, and the prologue done and ready! I've definitely matured much more as a writer in this second book than I was in the beginning of this one, and I can't wait for you guys to see that.

The tension exchanged between Odessa and Dean was immensely thick, severely unbearable, and there was nothing either of them could do to ease the hostility between them. After his candid declaration of his feelings, he kissed her forehead with fragility and departed from her side without muttering another word. She watched his parting figure leave her room with wide eyes, and she couldn't properly function because the only thing she was thinking about was his words replaying over and over again.

When dusk arrived, she apprehensively dragged herself out of her sheets and came to the decision of showering with scorching water to alleviate her clamoring thoughts. Everything was becoming increasingly problematic, and she wished for those days where she was carefree with her boys with beaming smiles as they traveled for hours. Now, she was burdened with emotions she didn't want and wondering if she was evolving into something she didn't want to be.

Cranking the warmth of the pouring water, Odessa closed her eyes and savored the brief contentment of indifference within those four walls. There was something relieving of this negligence, even though she was returning to her involvement with concern in minutes, and she was reveling in this complacency as the searing water trickled down on her. 

Pushing the plastic curtain aside, Odessa twisted her lengthy hair and made sure the excess water dribbled down the drain. Steam swirled around her in convoluted puffs and she sighed as the brisk air cooled her heated skin. Stepping over the edge of the shower, the marble flooring was bleak and she didn't like how everything was so cold outside the pouring water. Grabbing one of several towels from the side, she swiftly enwrapped the minuscule fabric around her form, groaning inwardly as she realized how small this towel was. It hadn't provided any form of warmth, purpose, and barely reached her mid-thigh. 

She secured the towel in place, then grabbed another from the pile and squeezed out the remaining water resided in her hair. Exiting the steam-suffused bathroom with her fresh garments and underwear in hand, she tossed them aside on top of her temporary bed and propped herself on the corner of the mattress, where hours ago Dean professed his feelings. She shook her head and chose to disregard the butterflies fluttering inside her stomach.