35 ; Everything's Changed

—If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you pick? Pizza tbh

—What's your favorite word? Euphoria 

—What's a food you would never eat? Honestly, I really hate bananas 

—Do you own any pets? I have three dogs :)

HERE IT IS GUYS! THE CHAPTER WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...

Odessa wasn't sure if she could continue any longer with these meaningless searches for Sam, there wasn't any form of improvement, and she didn't even know if Sam was alive. She'd called him repetitively within the span of four days, but she never received a response, which only intensified her concern for his well-being. He'd disappeared haphazardly with no sign or suggestion of ever wanting to leave. Deep down, Odessa knew Sam didn't willingly leave, or she didn't want to believe he had. Either way, thinking about Sam's absence without any trace of finding him made her heart and head thump sporadically. 

Dean was on the phone once again, she didn't want to listen in on his panicked voice as he pleaded for some shape of information his brother's whereabouts. She often found Dean's fabricated voice disheartening and difficult to listen to, and she didn't take pleasure in eavesdropping in on his confidential conversations. Perhaps if she didn't know Dean like she knew herself maybe she wouldn't have been able to detect how fictitious he sounded when he attempted reassuring himself. But she did know him, and this wasn't the Dean she knew. 

Watching Dean spiral downward because Sam wasn't by his side was possibly one of the most heartbreaking things she's witnessed, and she couldn't have done anything ease his trepidation. She couldn't envision a life without either of them by her side, and she didn't want to either. Sam was her best friend, she could even consider him her brother, and he'd been there for her since the beginning and the lack of his nerdy comments and witty remarks was launching a sense of realization that he was actually missing. She can't lose another brother. 

Much to her surprise, Dean's behavior changed entirely since the afternoon, and he was no longer brooding at everything that moved. He wasn't smiling or cracking any jokes, but he did seem slightly better. Odessa wanted to ask, but she didn't want to demolish this brief moment of relaxation for him. She'd been typing away for any traces of him on Sam's laptop when he entered through the door of the motel. He looked exhausted, and so was she. They didn't get much sleep over the course of four days, considering they spent most of their times searching for Sam, and she was sure if she didn't consume four cups of coffee a day she'd be fast asleep.

He closed the door, the doorframe shaking from the momentum. He tossed his keys on the table by the entrance, and he shook his leather jacket from his shoulders. Glancing her direction, Dean offered a sorrowful smile, one that didn't convince her the slightest. Regardless if she believed him or not, she returned the smile. She closed the laptop, sliding it to the side, and patted the empty space beside her on the bed. He trudged to the side of the mattress and perched himself beside her. The bed dipped as he did so, and she leaned into him. Her head was resting against his shoulder, and each breath was suffused with his cologne and the leather of the Impala.