39 ; Folsom Prison Blues

All right, hey, guys! How are you doing? I'm honestly just trying to finish season 2, especially since I have amazing things planned for Odessa's character

All right, hey, guys! How are you doing? I'm honestly just trying to finish season 2, especially since I have amazing things planned for Odessa's character. I'm proud to announce our precious Odessa De Los Santos is getting her own plotline in the next book! I can assure you Odessa's character will improve and I have so much in store for her. But, back to the point, I'm skipping episode 18 'Hollywood Babylon'. I know I've skipped so many episodes already, but, like I said, I'm just trying to finish season 2 (it isn't my favorite season). And if I were to write that chapter, it wouldn't come out as I wanted it to, and I don't want you guys reading something I didn't put effort into. So, yeah, this chapter is based on episode 19 "Folsom Prison Blues", and I hope you enjoy. 

BUT WAIT...GUESS WHAT?! THIS CHAPTER AND THE NEXT ONE ARE THE LAST CHAPTERS OF THE BOOK BEFORE THE SEASON FINALE! AHHHHH THAT IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE! LIKE I DID WITH THE SEASON FINALE OF SEASON 1, THE LAST TWO EPISODES WILL BE 1 CHAPTER. SO THAT MEANS 2 CHAPTERS BEFORE THIS BOOK IS OVER!

P.S. HER EMBLEM BURNING IS HELLA IMPORTANT FOR THE SEASON FINALE AND THIRD BOOK SO DON'T PUSH IT ASIDE!

The burning nostalgia scorched Odessa's stomach as the butterflies with ignited wings fluttered within, another fiery indication of blood shed for her cause years before. The nightmares were increasingly becoming burdensome, and she didn't know what provoked the sudden disruptions of her sleep. She'd been fine for months, possibly even a year, where she wasn't oppressed with the haunting images of her family and burning emblems. She didn't know when the last time her mark burned her skin, and she didn't want to remember, but it'd been a while. But as she stared off into the darkness of the motel room, clutching her forearm unwaveringly, memories of the burning sensation resurfaced. 

The pain was increasing, becoming nearly unbearable, but there wasn't anything she could've done to ease the pain. Biting down on her lower lip, she'd drawn blood to conceal her whimpers. She didn't want to wake either Sam or Dean, and she didn't want either of them questioning her as to why she was awake so late and bleeding. She wasn't in any particular mood to be interrogated and answering questions she didn't have proper answers to. 

Dusk arrived sooner than she thought, and the soft rays of seeping moonlight lessened as the sunlight emerged through the curtains. Odessa couldn't return to her slumber, the pain and dreadful images were too disruptive for her, and she wasn't tired anymore, much to her dismay. She was exhausted, the kind of fatigue that derived from mental exertion, and couldn't be relieved by sleep. With an enfeebled mind and placid silence accompanying her, she focused her attention on anything else to distract her from this torment. 

Sam appeared much more alleviated with Madison's death, Odessa noticed he didn't flinch when hearing her name anymore. When the topic was referenced, Sam simply shrugged the topic off, choosing to reply with one-worded answers or not answer at all. She didn't blame him, nor did she mention Madison unless it was completely necessary. Losing someone you cared deeply for wasn't easy, especially when you're the reason they're gone. She remembered consoling Sam's shattered state for multiple nights, making sure he was fine when attending cases. She didn't want him doing anything he wasn't comfortable doing, or physically and emotionally unprepared for. They often exchanged glances, ones varying from 'are you okay' and 'just give me a sign and we can go', and he often responded with 'trust me, I'm fine' and 'thank you'.