Chapter 5:His Secret

After that day in august, I have been living at the Potters. It's now 3rd year and I haven't seen my parents since. And I'm actually happy. It was a nice day in September when I found out. It was terrifying. It was late Saturday and I wanted to take a walk before it was after hours. James and Sirius were in detention, Lily was already starting to study, and no one even knew where Remus was, so I was alone.

I walked past the womping willow and saw madame pomfrey enter. It suddenly got cold and dark. I wanted to get back to the castle, but my gut was telling me to follow poppy. Of course me being my stupid self, I went with my gut. I went in and realized I was in the shrieking shack. I walked until I saw madame pomfrey. I quickly ducked behind a piece of furniture.

I suddenly heard howling and it for some reason never occurred to me to get out until it was too late. I tried to leave, but my stupid foot stepped on a crack in the floor, and something turned around. I don't even know what it is. Maybe a.....WEREWOLF!!! The thing lunges at me and tries to bite me but I dodge it. I dodge bites and scratches for what feels like hours.

Finally the sun rises and the last thing I hear is Remus calling out to madame pomfrey, and then I faint.

I awake to find myself in the hospital wing with Remus, James, Sirius, Peter, and Lily standing over my bed. "Hey guys." I say groggily trying to sit up. I hear sighs of relief and look of worry around my bed. Madame pomfrey explains to everyone what happened.

"Wait, but I'm still confused on how Isabella was hurt in the first place?" James asks. "I did it." Remus whispers. "WHAT?" Lily shrieks. "I did it. It was an accident though I swear! The thing is, I couldn't help it. I'm a werewolf." Remus says with his head down. Everyone goes silent. "Well, aren't you guys gonna run screaming?" Remus asks after a while.

"Why would we do that mate?" Sirius says, a goofy grin on his face. "Because I'm a monster." "No you're not mate!" Peter tells him. "But I hurt Bella." Remus says, tears in his eyes. "Im okay though right? It's not you're fault. We want to help you." I reply. Remus smiles, as everyone else. "Yeah, and were not gonna stop at anything to find a way to help." James says.

I finally got released a few days later, and everyone went to research on how to help Remus. It was now January and we had gotten nothing. I had found a book in the restricted section of the library, the last one that I hadn't looked through.

"Face it guys, I appreciate all this, but we aren't gonna find anything." Remus complains. "That's not true. We are gonna help you, just like we promised." James tells him. I open the book to a page that says "Animagus:while in animagus form, the animal can not be bitten nor killed by a werewolf." "Guys I found something!" I yell throughout the empty common room.

The guys rush over and I read that part of the book out. "We can become unregistered animagi!" I say, and everyone agrees. "I don't know guys, this sounds dangerous and stupid. What if the ministry finds out?" Remus asks with a concerned look on his face. "How would they find out Remus? Just let us help you!" Sirius says. "The process seems complicated, but it's worth it." I say. "Just please let us help you Remus."

"Okay, fine." I hear after a moments hesitation. We all cheer and get to work. By 5th year, we all become unregistered animagi, all with little nicknames. I'm a husky German Shepard mix named minnie; Sirius a black dog named padfoot; James a stag named prongs; Peter a rat named wormtail; and Remus' name is moony. Every full moon, we go to the shrieking shack to help Remus, fulfilling the promise we had made so long ago.